Translation of first lieutenant in Spanish:
- 1 (in US)teniente (masculine)
teniente primero (en RPl)
teniente capitán (en Col)
- 2 (in UK) (Nautical)Example sentences
- Piper, made no fewer than 39 patrols as a third hand, first lieutenant and Commanding Officer, in Ursula, Unbeaten and Unsparing.
- It was said, for example, that an engineer four-striper at Sheerness expressed interest, while visiting a submarine, in the business of submerging: he asked the first lieutenant where he got the water from to fill main ballast tanks.
- Today Jacqueline is a graduate and a first lieutenant in the Royal Navy.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.