Translation of fishery in Spanish:
noun plural -eries
- 1→ fish farm
- 2also: fisheries plural2.1 (industry) the Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food (in UK)2.2 (area)el Ministerio de Agricultura, Pesca y AlimentaciónExample sentences
- There is no catch and release allowed at the fishery and fishing must cease once the limit is reached.
- None of this will be good for the fish, the fishery, or the fishing communities of Nova Scotia.
- Accomplished anglers can move to the heart of the action in the Savage River, a tailwater fishery and catch-and-release trophy area.
- The Government argued today that shutting down Australia's profitable tuna fishery and export industry would be reckless.
- The provisions of the act do not apply to state aids extended to agriculture, fishery or the defence industry.
- The village is typical of many of those on the west coast: a small community struggling against declining fishery.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In some parts of Spain, the name given to a weekly open-air flea market where all kinds of items are sold is a rastro. The name El Rastro as such refers to a very big market of this type held in Madrid at weekends.