Translation of fishery in Spanish:
noun plural -eries
- 1→ fish farm
- 2also: fisheries plural2.1 (industry) the Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food (in UK)el Ministerio de Agricultura, Pesca y AlimentaciónExample sentences2.2 (area)
- The Government argued today that shutting down Australia's profitable tuna fishery and export industry would be reckless.
- The provisions of the act do not apply to state aids extended to agriculture, fishery or the defence industry.
- The village is typical of many of those on the west coast: a small community struggling against declining fishery.
- There is no catch and release allowed at the fishery and fishing must cease once the limit is reached.
- None of this will be good for the fish, the fishery, or the fishing communities of Nova Scotia.
- Accomplished anglers can move to the heart of the action in the Savage River, a tailwater fishery and catch-and-release trophy area.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.