Translation of fitter in Spanish:
- 1 [Clothing/Indumentaria] probador, (masculine, feminine)Example sentences
- Also inform the shoe fitter of any previous injuries you might have had, as this could affect the type of shoe suitable to you.
- Every woman I've ever spoken to on the subject has had nothing but praise for their fitters and assistants.
- Two-thirds of the fitters recommended bras with the wrong underwire shape, according to the report.
- 2 [Technology/Tecnología] (mechanic — in garage) mecánico, (masculine, feminine); (— in car industry, shipbuilding) operario, (masculine, feminine); (plumber) plomero, (masculine, feminine) (Latin America/América Latina) , fontanero, (masculine, feminine) (Spain/España) , gásfiter (masculine and feminine) (Chile) , gasfitero, (masculine, feminine) (Peru/Perú) ; (not specialized) (especially British English/especialmente inglés británico) obrero, (masculine, feminine)Example sentences
- Those detained included an accountant, a builder, a window fitter and a machine operator.
- He is a machine fitter and has been helping the British Engineers bring the power station back on line.
- Planned action by steel erectors, pipe fitters and welders to hit construction work on high-profile sites for this week has been called off after employers rushed to negotiate a deal.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A piñata is a hollow figure made of cardboard, or from a clay pot lined with colored paper. Filled with fruit, candy, toys, etc, and hung up at parties, people take turns to stand in front of them blindfolded and try to break them with a stick. They feature in Mexican posadas