Translation of fitter in Spanish:
- 1 (Clothing)probador, (-dora) (masculine, feminine)Example sentences
- Also inform the shoe fitter of any previous injuries you might have had, as this could affect the type of shoe suitable to you.
- Every woman I've ever spoken to on the subject has had nothing but praise for their fitters and assistants.
- Two-thirds of the fitters recommended bras with the wrong underwire shape, according to the report.
- 2 (Technology) (mechanic — in garage)mecánico, (-ca) (masculine, feminine)(— in car industry, shipbuilding)
operario, (-ria) (masculine, feminine)(plumber)
plomero, (-ra) (masculine, feminine) (Latin America)
fontanero, (-ra) (masculine, feminine) (Spain)
gásfiter (masculine and feminine) (Chile)
gasfitero, (-ra) (masculine, feminine) (Peru)(not specialized) (especially British English)
obrero, (-ra) (masculine, feminine)Example sentences
- Those detained included an accountant, a builder, a window fitter and a machine operator.
- He is a machine fitter and has been helping the British Engineers bring the power station back on line.
- Planned action by steel erectors, pipe fitters and welders to hit construction work on high-profile sites for this week has been called off after employers rushed to negotiate a deal.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.