- 1 [Clothing/Indumentaria] probador, (masculine, feminine)More example sentences
- Also inform the shoe fitter of any previous injuries you might have had, as this could affect the type of shoe suitable to you.
- Every woman I've ever spoken to on the subject has had nothing but praise for their fitters and assistants.
- Two-thirds of the fitters recommended bras with the wrong underwire shape, according to the report.
- 2 [Technology/Tecnología] (mechanic — in garage) mecánico, (masculine, feminine); (— in car industry, shipbuilding) operario, (masculine, feminine); (plumber) plomero, (masculine, feminine) (Latin America/América Latina) , fontanero, (masculine, feminine) (Spain/España) , gásfiter (masculine and feminine) (Chile) , gasfitero, (masculine, feminine) (Peru/Perú) ; (not specialized) (especially British English/especialmente inglés británico) obrero, (masculine, feminine)More example sentences
- Those detained included an accountant, a builder, a window fitter and a machine operator.
- He is a machine fitter and has been helping the British Engineers bring the power station back on line.
- Planned action by steel erectors, pipe fitters and welders to hit construction work on high-profile sites for this week has been called off after employers rushed to negotiate a deal.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The PAN (Partido de Acción Nacional) is the political party that won the Mexican general elections in 2000, breaking the Partido Revolucional Institucional's record of 71 years in power. PRI - Partido Revolucionario InstitucionalPAN was founded in 1939 as a conservative alternative to President, Lázaro Cárdenas. It presents an image of being a defender of popular causes, but takes an individualistic approach to matters of education and property. Its traditional policies include limiting state intervention in the economy to a minimum and bringing about a greater rapprochement between the government and the church.