- 1 [Clothing/Indumentaria] probador, (masculine, feminine)More example sentences
- Also inform the shoe fitter of any previous injuries you might have had, as this could affect the type of shoe suitable to you.
- Every woman I've ever spoken to on the subject has had nothing but praise for their fitters and assistants.
- Two-thirds of the fitters recommended bras with the wrong underwire shape, according to the report.
- 2 [Technology/Tecnología] (mechanic — in garage) mecánico, (m,f); (— in car industry, shipbuilding) operario, (m,f); (plumber) plomero, (m,f) (Latin America/América Latina) , fontanero, (masculine, feminine) (Spain/España) , gásfiter (masculine and feminine) (Chile) , gasfitero, (masculine, feminine) (Peru/Perú) ; (not specialized) (especially British English/especialmente inglés británico) obrero, (masculine, feminine)More example sentences
- Those detained included an accountant, a builder, a window fitter and a machine operator.
- He is a machine fitter and has been helping the British Engineers bring the power station back on line.
- Planned action by steel erectors, pipe fitters and welders to hit construction work on high-profile sites for this week has been called off after employers rushed to negotiate a deal.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Basque autonomous police force is called Ertzaintza. Its members, called ertzainas, wear a uniform of red sweaters and berets, and white jackets. Despite the Ertzaintza's wide range of responsibilities, the Guardia Civil and Policía Nacional still operate in the Basque Country.