Translation of fitting in Spanish:
adecuado(tribute)it is fitting that he should be buried there
dignolo que corresponde es que se lo entierre allíExample sentences
- Am I to take it that you think it is an appropriate, a proper, and a fitting situation that you judge it?
- Armed with disposable cameras, students endeavoured to capture their views of the town and title each shot with an appropriate and fitting caption.
- These were fitting and appropriate words to draw the public's attention to the contribution the Navy made to the ‘Great War’.
- 1 (Clothing) 1.1 (trying on)Example sentences1.2 (British English) (size)
(of clothes) medida (feminine)(of shoe) horma (feminine)
- Apparently, Camilla had six outfit fittings and 10 hat fittings, and a final dress rehearsal before settling on the final dress.
- If you give them your measurements in advance you ought to be okay - I've had both black and white tie from there without fittings and it's been okay.
- Plus, who wants to book a bunch of wedding dress fittings between check-ups and upchucks?
- 2 2.1 (accessory)Example sentences2.2
also: fittings plural(esp (British English) ) (Construction)accesorios (masculine plural)electrical fittingsinstalaciones (feminine plural) eléctricasbathroom fittingsgrifería (feminine) y accesorios (masculine plural) de bañoExample sentences
- The solid mahogany bar fittings and furniture and deep pile furnishings sets the tone of the club.
- There was a massive kitchen at Dom's house with loads of matching wooden cupboards with brass fittings.
- The choice is unlimited, ranging from marbles, bathroom fittings to furniture to wall paintings and even safe lockers, all of which make a distinct impression to the visitor.
- He also stated that he wanted a qualified electrician to remove a CCTV camera and some other fittings from the stud buildings.
- It would be relatively easy for the new owner to remove these fittings and restore the room to a double bedroom.
- English Heritage noted that many of the internal fittings had been removed and concluded the building was not one of architect William Trent's best buildings, and therefore it was not worth saving.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.