Translation of fixture in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (in building)[ elemento de la instalación, como los artefactos del baño, cocina etc ]Example sentences1.2 (permanent feature) parte (feminine) integrante she's become a permanent fixture here [humorous/humorístico] ya forma parte del mobiliario [humorous/humorístico]
- Cathedral ceilings, antique light fixtures and furniture that looked as though it had come straight from the twenties.
- Kitchen cabinets, light fixtures and switches had been removed and thrown on the floor, and a window had been knocked out.
- Other products include lighting fixtures and wall panels.
- He didn't foresee, though, that the farce would become a permanent fixture in our cultural life.
- A permanent fixture in the right back role, Fleming had a deserved testimonial awarded by his club at the start of this season.
- A permanent fixture in his life for decades, Gerald, now 74, has been building sheds since he was a child.
- 2 (British English/inglés británico) [Sport/Deporte] encuentro (masculine) the concert became an annual fixture el concierto se convirtió en un acontecimiento anualExample sentences
- The midweek snow had a devastating effect on the fixture list.
- Why not arrange the fixture for a Wednesday at 7.30 pm and give everyone decent notice.
- He wrote to the leading clubs of the time putting forward a proposal that they should combine to arrange home and away fixtures each season - and thus the seeds of The Football League were sown.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The name of Spain's state-run post office is correos. Stamps can be bought in an