Translation of Flag Day in Spanish:
- 1 (US)(el) Día de la BanderaExample sentences
- The Flag Day ceremony was staged by the Blue Star / Gold Star Mothers of America, an organization started in 1942.
- June 14 is also Flag Day in the United States, so the public is invited to a ‘Grand Prix-View’ as Indianapolis gives a patriotic welcome to the world at 11: 30 a.m.
- In this story, Flag Day marks the anniversary of the banner's ‘birth,’ with Betsy Ross its mother.
- 2also: flag day(British)(día en que se lleva a cabo una colecta callejera para una obra benéfica)Example sentences
- Castlecomer Basketball Club would like to thank all those who contributed to our flag day, both on the street and at the Church gates at the weekend.
- Well, two ex-service charities that do help war veterans have been brought to the council's notice; and the parish council is well placed to organise a flag day for those two charities.
- A flag day in Swanley organised by the North West Kent branch of the British Polio Fellowship raised £394.37.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Cultural Note: Flag Day
Es el día de la bandera en EEUU. Se celebra el 14 de junio para conmemorar el día en 1777 en que → Stars and Stripes pasó a ser el emblema oficial del país.