Translation of flak in Spanish:
- 1.1 (Aviation, Military)fuego (masculine) antiaéreoExample sentences1.2 (criticism)
to come in for o take a lot of flakcríticas (feminine plural)ser muy criticadoExample sentences
- Approximately 50 enemy aircraft were in the vicinity and the entire area was full of friendly flak.
- We went down to St. Vith and when I looked down all I saw was fire, smoke, and flak going in all directions.
- For the moment my main concern was not Luftwaffe fighters, lights or flak.
- We conservatives often take a lot of flak for being overly critical of the liberal viewpoint.
- And I just wanted to compliment Bill on speaking his mind, because I'm sure he gets a lot of flack and criticism for doing this.
- One consequence is that ministers will have to take the flak, to accept that they will be blamed for faults, even when those are none of their making.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
ESO (Educación Secundaria Obligatoria) is one of the stages of secondary education established in Spain by the