Translation of flak in Spanish:
- 1.1 (Aviation, Military)fuego (masculine) antiaéreoExample sentences1.2 (criticism)
críticas (feminine plural)to come in for o take a lot of flakser muy criticadoExample sentences
- Approximately 50 enemy aircraft were in the vicinity and the entire area was full of friendly flak.
- We went down to St. Vith and when I looked down all I saw was fire, smoke, and flak going in all directions.
- For the moment my main concern was not Luftwaffe fighters, lights or flak.
- We conservatives often take a lot of flak for being overly critical of the liberal viewpoint.
- And I just wanted to compliment Bill on speaking his mind, because I'm sure he gets a lot of flack and criticism for doing this.
- One consequence is that ministers will have to take the flak, to accept that they will be blamed for faults, even when those are none of their making.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.