Translation of flak in Spanish:
- 1.1 [Aviation/Aviación] [Military/Militar] fuego (masculine) antiaéreoExample sentences1.2 (criticism) críticas (feminine plural) to come in for o take a lot of flak ser* muy criticado
- Approximately 50 enemy aircraft were in the vicinity and the entire area was full of friendly flak.
- We went down to St. Vith and when I looked down all I saw was fire, smoke, and flak going in all directions.
- For the moment my main concern was not Luftwaffe fighters, lights or flak.
- We conservatives often take a lot of flak for being overly critical of the liberal viewpoint.
- And I just wanted to compliment Bill on speaking his mind, because I'm sure he gets a lot of flack and criticism for doing this.
- One consequence is that ministers will have to take the flak, to accept that they will be blamed for faults, even when those are none of their making.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Sherry is produced in an area of chalky soil known as albariza lying between the towns of Puerto de Santa María, Sanlúcar de Barrameda, and Jerez de la Frontera in Cádiz province. It is from Jerez that sherry takes its English name. Sherries, made from grape varieties including Palomino and Pedro Ximénez, are drunk worldwide as an aperitif, and in Spain as an accompaniment to