Translation of flamboyant in Spanish:
- 1.1 (dashing)(gesture)
ampuloso(lifestyle)he made his usual flamboyant entrance
extravagantehizo su aparatosa entrada de costumbreExample sentences1.2 (brilliant)
- So tearing my eyes away, I paid attention to what my flamboyant friend was saying.
- Fitting his flamboyant personality, he led the way with his own choice of costume, a rainbow-coloured cope and mitre, which he had designed and made for the occasion.
- Whilst the guitarist needs to suffer for his art more and lose the baseball cap, you only notice this because their singer is a flamboyant individual.
llamativoExample sentences1.3 (Architecture)
- These vibrant colours and flamboyant designs distinguished Art Deco from previous artistic styles, along with its respect for Japanese heritage and its contribution to modernism.
- The atmosphere was electric as they took to the stage in bright glittering and flamboyant costumes.
- Drag is so colourful, so flamboyant, so sellable - that the complicating factors of class, race, and politics seem like, well, a drag.
- To house his accumulation of art and curiosities he bought the hôtel of the abbots of Cluny that had been built in the flamboyant Gothic style around 1500.
- There are many more examples of this type of flamboyant ironwork tracery sufficient to indicate that the style was rooted in the Low Countries.
- They rebuilt the old basilica into a grand, very flamboyant Gothic edifice.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.