Translation of flank in Spanish:
- 1 (be at either side of) (often passive)Example sentences
- It is well lit by two large windows and has as its focal point a marble fireplace flanked by built-in shelving units.
- The fireplace is flanked by fitted floor-to-ceiling bookshelves.
- Central to the transformation was the creation of an inviting sitting area oriented toward a new gas fireplace flanked by tall bookshelves.
- 2 (Military)Example sentences
- We sat around the kitchen table and planned out our strategy, various frontal attacks and flanking maneuvers we could make were considered.
- Suddenly, two Rebel batteries flanked the attacking Union troops and opened fire upon their exposed rear flank.
- The second fighter's attack you, Tice and his five-fighter squadron will flank from behind and intercept.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.