Translation of flank in Spanish:
- 1.1 (of animal)(of person) costado (masculine)(before noun) flank steak (American English) 1.2 (of hill) [literary] 1.3 (Military) 1.4 (Sport)
- 1.1 (be at either side of) (often passive) 1.2 (Military)Example sentences1.3
also: flanking present participle(Military)(movement/fire)
- We sat around the kitchen table and planned out our strategy, various frontal attacks and flanking maneuvers we could make were considered.
- Suddenly, two Rebel batteries flanked the attacking Union troops and opened fire upon their exposed rear flank.
- The second fighter's attack you, Tice and his five-fighter squadron will flank from behind and intercept.
de flanqueoExample sentences
- It is well lit by two large windows and has as its focal point a marble fireplace flanked by built-in shelving units.
- The fireplace is flanked by fitted floor-to-ceiling bookshelves.
- Central to the transformation was the creation of an inviting sitting area oriented toward a new gas fireplace flanked by tall bookshelves.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.