- 1.1 (be at either side of) (often pass) flanquearMore example sentences1.2 [Mil] flanquear
More example sentences1.3
- It is well lit by two large windows and has as its focal point a marble fireplace flanked by built-in shelving units.
- The fireplace is flanked by fitted floor-to-ceiling bookshelves.
- Central to the transformation was the creation of an inviting sitting area oriented toward a new gas fireplace flanked by tall bookshelves.
(flanking pres p)[Mil] [movement/fire] de flanqueo
- We sat around the kitchen table and planned out our strategy, various frontal attacks and flanking maneuvers we could make were considered.
- Suddenly, two Rebel batteries flanked the attacking Union troops and opened fire upon their exposed rear flank.
- The second fighter's attack you, Tice and his five-fighter squadron will flank from behind and intercept.