Translation of flank in Spanish:
- 1.1 (be at either side of) (often passive) 1.2 (Military)Example sentences1.3
also: flanking present participle(Military)(movement/fire)de flanqueoExample sentences
- We sat around the kitchen table and planned out our strategy, various frontal attacks and flanking maneuvers we could make were considered.
- Suddenly, two Rebel batteries flanked the attacking Union troops and opened fire upon their exposed rear flank.
- The second fighter's attack you, Tice and his five-fighter squadron will flank from behind and intercept.
- It is well lit by two large windows and has as its focal point a marble fireplace flanked by built-in shelving units.
- The fireplace is flanked by fitted floor-to-ceiling bookshelves.
- Central to the transformation was the creation of an inviting sitting area oriented toward a new gas fireplace flanked by tall bookshelves.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Opus Dei - Latin for "God's Work" - is a Catholic organization founded in Spain in 1928. The Opus became very influential in Spanish society, above all by founding schools and universities. The aim was to create an élite which would spread Christian ideals throughout society. The University of Navarre is one of its foremost institutions.