Translation of flashover in Spanish:
noununcountable and countable
- 1.1 (Electricity)descarga (feminine) disruptiva(entre conductores)Example sentences1.2 (of fire)
ignición (feminine) generalizadaExample sentences
- The insulator structure may reduce the occurrence of flashovers to and from the gate lines and emitters when the field emitter device is used in a display.
- In an instant, an avalanche of electrons is rolling over the surface in a catastrophic flashover.
- Section 232 requires workers to wear flame resistant outerwear if they could be exposed to a flash fire or electrical equipment flashover.
- Minutes after they escaped, there was a fire flashover and the whole building went up in flames.
- They were faced with the possibility of a flashover as the fire, in a matter of minutes, progressed to a stage where it was producing copious amounts of thick smoke.
- In as little as three minutes, a small fire can erupt into flashover.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a geographical, social, and culturally homogeneous region, with a clear natural or administrative demarcation is called a comarca. Comarcas are normally smaller than