Translation of flatten in Spanish:
- 1 (make flat)(surface/metal)he flattened himself against the wall
aplanarse pegó bien a la paredExample sentences
- Secondly, the mixture is then flattened out in the blending machine, and then it is flattened further in an extruder machine.
- The heavy boots he wore had long ago flattened and grass he walked on, making a perfectly straight path where he had paced for the past few hours.
- She quickly brushed, combed, and flattened her hair.
- 2 (knock down)(trees)
echar or tirar abajo(city)he flattened his opponent with a single blow
arrasartumbó a su contrincante de un solo golpeExample sentences
- The army has used its newly acquired firepower to flatten houses and other buildings, destroy coconut plantations and turn the city into a virtual ghost town.
- But the torrent of brown water, which was already flattening buildings, wiped out the jeep, drowning her grandchildren.
- Just 12 minutes after the order, the bombs were dropped from an altitude of 20,000 ft, flattening the building.
- A vision of me stepping on him, wobbling and then falling on him, flattening him like a pancake flashed through my head.
- I was about to wish for a rock to fall off the sky and flatten me into a very slow and painful death, when the doorbell rang.
- He said: ‘The old guy looked in good shape and I'm sure he would have flattened the other guy - if he could have caught him.’
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.