Translation of flatten in Spanish:
- 1.1 (make flat)(surface/metal)he flattened himself against the wallse pegó bien a la paredExample sentences1.2 (knock down)
(trees)echar or tirar abajo(city)he flattened his opponent with a single blowtumbó a su contrincante de un solo golpeExample sentences
- Secondly, the mixture is then flattened out in the blending machine, and then it is flattened further in an extruder machine.
- The heavy boots he wore had long ago flattened and grass he walked on, making a perfectly straight path where he had paced for the past few hours.
- She quickly brushed, combed, and flattened her hair.
- The army has used its newly acquired firepower to flatten houses and other buildings, destroy coconut plantations and turn the city into a virtual ghost town.
- But the torrent of brown water, which was already flattening buildings, wiped out the jeep, drowning her grandchildren.
- Just 12 minutes after the order, the bombs were dropped from an altitude of 20,000 ft, flattening the building.
(especially British English) (Music)bajar de tono
- A vision of me stepping on him, wobbling and then falling on him, flattening him like a pancake flashed through my head.
- I was about to wish for a rock to fall off the sky and flatten me into a very slow and painful death, when the doorbell rang.
- He said: ‘The old guy looked in good shape and I'm sure he would have flattened the other guy - if he could have caught him.’
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.