Translation of flatten in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 (make flat) [surface/metal] aplanar; [path/lawn] allanar, aplanar; [hat] achatar, aplastar he flattened himself against the wall se pegó bien a la paredExample sentences1.2 (knock down) [trees] tumbar, echar or tirar abajo; [city] arrasar he flattened his opponent with a single blow tumbó a su contrincante de un solo golpe
- Secondly, the mixture is then flattened out in the blending machine, and then it is flattened further in an extruder machine.
- The heavy boots he wore had long ago flattened and grass he walked on, making a perfectly straight path where he had paced for the past few hours.
- She quickly brushed, combed, and flattened her hair.
Example sentences1.3 (especially British English/especialmente inglés británico) [Music/Música] bajar de tono
- The army has used its newly acquired firepower to flatten houses and other buildings, destroy coconut plantations and turn the city into a virtual ghost town.
- But the torrent of brown water, which was already flattening buildings, wiped out the jeep, drowning her grandchildren.
- Just 12 minutes after the order, the bombs were dropped from an altitude of 20,000 ft, flattening the building.
- A vision of me stepping on him, wobbling and then falling on him, flattening him like a pancake flashed through my head.
- I was about to wish for a rock to fall off the sky and flatten me into a very slow and painful death, when the doorbell rang.
- He said: ‘The old guy looked in good shape and I'm sure he would have flattened the other guy - if he could have caught him.’
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The name of the autonomous governments of Catalonia and Valencia is generalitat. A great deal of power has now been transferred to them from central government.