Translation of flax in Spanish:
- (Botany) (fabric)Example sentences
- Oats, millet, opium poppies, and flax were also being cultivated by the end of the Neolithic period.
- Irish farmers came to rely on imported flax seed because the very best linen required the harvesting of flax before the seed could mature.
- Many have abundant gardens, with brilliant red poppies, orange marigolds, blue flax, pink clematis and jacaranda, and large cypress and eucalyptus trees.
- Handmade utensils have been produced since the beginning of the nineteenth century; the primary textiles are wool and flax.
- Linen is from flax, a bast fiber taken from the stalk of the plant.
- Prior to that, cushions were stuffed with flax, cotton or other padded materials and the result was fairly deadening.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.