Translation of fledgling in Spanish:
- 1.1 (bird) polluelo (masculine), volantón (masculine) [technical/técnico]Example sentences1.2 (person) novato, (masculine, feminine) (before noun/delante del nombre) fledgling poet novel poeta (masculine) the fledgling republic la joven república a fledgling democracy una democracia en ciernes
- Only female hummingbirds are involved in parental care; they must incubate eggs, brood young hatchlings, and feed the chicks as nestlings and fledglings.
- Scores of rare adult birds, fledglings and unhatched chicks are feared to have died when fire - which is being treated as suspicious - swept through reedbeds yesterday.
- In monogamous species, both the male and female build the nest, incubate eggs, brood young and feed nestlings and fledglings.
- We'll hear from both sides and review the changes ahead for this fledgling democracy.
- Asia's fledgling democracies should not despair just because things are messy at the moment.
- You are the leader of the opposition in this emerging, fledgling democracy.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A piñata is a hollow figure made of cardboard, or from a clay pot lined with colored paper. Filled with fruit, candy, toys, etc, and hung up at parties, people take turns to stand in front of them blindfolded and try to break them with a stick. They feature in Mexican posadas