- 1.1 (bird) polluelo (masculine), volantón (masculine) [technical/técnico]More example sentences1.2 (person) novato, (masculine, feminine) (before noun/delante del nombre) fledgling poet novel poeta (masculine) the fledgling republic la joven república a fledgling democracy una democracia en ciernes
More example sentences
- Only female hummingbirds are involved in parental care; they must incubate eggs, brood young hatchlings, and feed the chicks as nestlings and fledglings.
- Scores of rare adult birds, fledglings and unhatched chicks are feared to have died when fire - which is being treated as suspicious - swept through reedbeds yesterday.
- In monogamous species, both the male and female build the nest, incubate eggs, brood young and feed nestlings and fledglings.
- We'll hear from both sides and review the changes ahead for this fledgling democracy.
- Asia's fledgling democracies should not despair just because things are messy at the moment.
- You are the leader of the opposition in this emerging, fledgling democracy.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Paradors are a national chain of hotels in Spain designed to give buildings such as former palaces, castles and monasteries a new lease of life and to bring tourism to economically disadvantaged areas. They are often luxurious but relatively inexpensive and emphasize local character and cooking.