Translation of fleece in Spanish:
- 1.1 countable or uncountable (on sheep)Example sentences1.2 countable or uncountable (from sheep) the jacket is lined with fleece
the Golden Fleecela chaqueta está forrada con corderito or (Spain) borreguilloel vellocino de oroExample sentences1.3 countable or uncountable (artificial)
- Goats feel the cold and dislike damp and wet as they don't have thick fleeces like sheep or tough hide like cows.
- The higher the altitude and the colder the climate, the fleece of the goats is softer and thicker and conducive to be used for shawls.
- Classed as a primitive breed, they bear little resemblance to more common types of sheep with thick white fleeces.
corderito (masculine) or (Spain) borreguillo (masculine) sintéticoExample sentences1.4
- The heavy fleece shorn from these lambs is of exceptional quality and very, very soft.
- These padded garments, now known as gambesons, were made by sewing fleeces, raw wool or layers of woollen cloth between two layers of linen, felt or leather.
- Before the hard times, she had simply sold her fleeces to the British Wool Board.
countable (Clothing)forro (masculine) polarExample sentences
- Fusing American Indian imagery with functional fleece, cotton and Lycra, she produces snow boarding hats, tops and coats in earthy shades.
- How important a role does polar or micro fleece play in your outerwear line?
- I hardly noticed the chill in the air through my jacket and layers of fleece as a light rain began to fall, and the liquid movement of my paddle made me feel completely at one with the water.
- For the first time, the contract will involve the supply of the entire Garda uniform, including a blouson jacket with zip-in fleece, shirts, trousers and boots.
- He was ‘scruffy’, wearing a dark jacket, grey fleece, hat and khaki trousers.
- He is 30 minutes late and hardly cuts an imposing figure, dressed shabbily in an old pair of tracksuit bottoms and trainers, polo shirt and fleece.
- 1 (defraud) [colloquial]Example sentences
- Whilst I found it all a bit depressing to see yet another way to fleece people of their money, my seven year old really likes it.
- Should I tell him that he is crazy or should I say nothing and let her fleece him of his money?
- This type of spam - which fleeces people by tricking them into calling a premium-rate number - is no longer a relatively small-scale concern, claimed the watchdog.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Carnaval is the three days of festivities preceding Lent, characterized by costumes, masks, drinking, music, and dancing.