Translation of fleece in Spanish:
- 1 countable or uncountable (on sheep)Example sentences
- Goats feel the cold and dislike damp and wet as they don't have thick fleeces like sheep or tough hide like cows.
- The higher the altitude and the colder the climate, the fleece of the goats is softer and thicker and conducive to be used for shawls.
- Classed as a primitive breed, they bear little resemblance to more common types of sheep with thick white fleeces.
- 2 countable or uncountable (from sheep) the jacket is lined with fleecela chaqueta está forrada con corderito or (Spain) borreguillothe Golden Fleeceel vellocino de oroExample sentences
- The heavy fleece shorn from these lambs is of exceptional quality and very, very soft.
- These padded garments, now known as gambesons, were made by sewing fleeces, raw wool or layers of woollen cloth between two layers of linen, felt or leather.
- Before the hard times, she had simply sold her fleeces to the British Wool Board.
- 3 countable or uncountable (artificial)corderito (masculine) or (Spain) borreguillo (masculine) sintéticoExample sentences
- Fusing American Indian imagery with functional fleece, cotton and Lycra, she produces snow boarding hats, tops and coats in earthy shades.
- How important a role does polar or micro fleece play in your outerwear line?
- I hardly noticed the chill in the air through my jacket and layers of fleece as a light rain began to fall, and the liquid movement of my paddle made me feel completely at one with the water.
- 4 countable(Clothing)
forro (masculine) polarExample sentences
- For the first time, the contract will involve the supply of the entire Garda uniform, including a blouson jacket with zip-in fleece, shirts, trousers and boots.
- He was ‘scruffy’, wearing a dark jacket, grey fleece, hat and khaki trousers.
- He is 30 minutes late and hardly cuts an imposing figure, dressed shabbily in an old pair of tracksuit bottoms and trainers, polo shirt and fleece.
- 1 (defraud) [colloquial]Example sentences
- Whilst I found it all a bit depressing to see yet another way to fleece people of their money, my seven year old really likes it.
- Should I tell him that he is crazy or should I say nothing and let her fleece him of his money?
- This type of spam - which fleeces people by tricking them into calling a premium-rate number - is no longer a relatively small-scale concern, claimed the watchdog.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.