- 1 1.1 (naval unit) 1.2 (navy)Example sentences1.3 (body of shipping) the merchant/whaling fleet
la flota mercante/balleneraExample sentences
- The comte de Rochambeau had already begun planning for a siege at Yorktown when he requested assistance from the commander of the French fleet in the Caribbean.
- The Big Ship, Reynard, was the largest in the fleet of appropriated sailing ships that Claw's organization was running.
- Where it once had a fleet of 15 ships, it now has three, with another ship being reactivated later this year.
- It seems that in 1678 the French planned to attack the Dutch with a fleet of 20 ships.
- 2 (Transport)Example sentences
- We operate a fleet of six aircraft; one of which is used as a dedicated stand-by aircraft.
- The airline now operates with a fleet of 367 aircraft, 6 fewer than last year.
- The US operates a fleet of more than 15,000 aircraft, including 20 stealth bombers in service.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Carnaval is the three days of festivities preceding Lent, characterized by costumes, masks, drinking, music, and dancing.