Translation of flesh in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (human, animal) I like the outline, but you have to put some flesh on itme gusta el esquema, pero tienes que darle más cuerpoin the flesh flesh and blooda creature of flesh and bloodun ser de carne y huesoI'm only flesh and blood after alldespués de todo soy de carne y hueso or soy humanoit's more than flesh and blood can stand or beares más de lo que humanamente se puede aguantarhow can I do it? they're my own flesh and blood!¿cómo puedo hacerlo? ¡son de mi propia sangre!to make somebody's flesh creep or crawlponerle los pelos de punta or la piel de gallina a alguiento press the flesh [colloquial]ir por ahí estrechando manos(before noun) (wound)these are flesh-and-blood people we are talking about
superficialestamos hablando de gente de carne y huesoa flesh-and-blood princessuna princesa de verdad or de carne y huesoExample sentences
- I am a man of substance, of flesh and bone, fiber and liquids - I might even be said to possess a mind.
- He reached out and grabbed his wife's shoulder here, pushing his fingers into the soft crevice of flesh over bone.
- Jim felt the pulsing of the sun as its heat, magnified by the window it was pouring through, met with soft flesh and willing muscle.
Example sentences1.2 (of fruit)
- A ‘vegetarian’ is a person who does not eat meat, fish, foul or any food derived from the flesh of animals.
- Sea bass is a silvery grey fish with succulent white flesh.
- Glamorgan sausages contain neither flesh nor fish nor fowl, but cheese and leeks.
- There was the sound of flesh hitting other flesh and a body falling to the ground.
- His skin had felt deliciously cool against her heated flesh as his hard body moved against hers.
- This Skin Firming Moisturiser with seaweed extract and caffeine promises to firm up flabby flesh and reduce the appearance of cellulite.
- If you timed it right you could spend a good part of the day out of the sun with cool pulpy grape flesh oozing between your toes.
- Cut a ripe kiwi fruit in half and squeeze it over the squid, letting both the juice and flesh of the fruit drop into the bowl.
- Put the onions, garlic, aubergine flesh, the lemon juice and seasoning into a food processor and whiz until it begins to become a purée.
- 2 (Religion)the fleshla carnesins/pleasures of the fleshlos pecados/los placeres de la carneto go the way of all flesh [euphemistic]pasar a mejor vida [euphemistic]Example sentences
- The old man once walked in trespasses and sins according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind.
- In contrast to the previous evening the pleasures of the flesh were much in evidence.
- With crew members leading a lonely existence and having to stay away from their family for days together, they are tempted to give in to the pleasures of the flesh.
- (add detail to)
darle cuerpo a
darle cuerpo a
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.