Translation of flesh in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (human, animal) I like the outline, but you have to put some flesh on itin the flesh flesh and blooda creature of flesh and bloodme gusta el esquema, pero tienes que darle más cuerpoI'm only flesh and blood after allun ser de carne y huesoit's more than flesh and blood can stand o beardespués de todo soy de carne y hueso or soy humanohow can I do it? they're my own flesh and blood!es más de lo que humanamente se puede aguantarto make somebody's flesh creep o crawl¿cómo puedo hacerlo? ¡son de mi propia sangre!to press the flesh [colloquial]ponerle los pelos de punta or la piel de gallina a alguienir por ahí estrechando manos(before noun) (wound)these are flesh-and-blood people we are talking abouta flesh-and-blood princessestamos hablando de gente de carne y huesouna princesa de verdad or de carne y huesoExample sentences
- I am a man of substance, of flesh and bone, fiber and liquids - I might even be said to possess a mind.
- He reached out and grabbed his wife's shoulder here, pushing his fingers into the soft crevice of flesh over bone.
- Jim felt the pulsing of the sun as its heat, magnified by the window it was pouring through, met with soft flesh and willing muscle.
Example sentences1.2 (of fruit)
- A ‘vegetarian’ is a person who does not eat meat, fish, foul or any food derived from the flesh of animals.
- Sea bass is a silvery grey fish with succulent white flesh.
- Glamorgan sausages contain neither flesh nor fish nor fowl, but cheese and leeks.
- There was the sound of flesh hitting other flesh and a body falling to the ground.
- His skin had felt deliciously cool against her heated flesh as his hard body moved against hers.
- This Skin Firming Moisturiser with seaweed extract and caffeine promises to firm up flabby flesh and reduce the appearance of cellulite.
- If you timed it right you could spend a good part of the day out of the sun with cool pulpy grape flesh oozing between your toes.
- Cut a ripe kiwi fruit in half and squeeze it over the squid, letting both the juice and flesh of the fruit drop into the bowl.
- Put the onions, garlic, aubergine flesh, the lemon juice and seasoning into a food processor and whiz until it begins to become a purée.
- 2 (Religion)the fleshsins/pleasures of the fleshla carneto go the way of all flesh [euphemistic]los pecados/los placeres de la carneExample sentences
- The old man once walked in trespasses and sins according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind.
- In contrast to the previous evening the pleasures of the flesh were much in evidence.
- With crew members leading a lonely existence and having to stay away from their family for days together, they are tempted to give in to the pleasures of the flesh.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Spain, a geographical, social, and culturally homogeneous region, with a clear natural or administrative demarcation is called a comarca. Comarcas are normally smaller than