- 1 1.1 (human, animal) carne (feminine) I like the outline, but you have to put some flesh on it me gusta el esquema, pero tienes que darle más cuerpo in the flesh en persona, en carne y hueso flesh and blood a creature of flesh and blood un ser de carne y hueso I'm only flesh and blood after all después de todo soy de carne y hueso or soy humano it's more than flesh and blood can stand o bear es más de lo que humanamente se puede aguantar how can I do it? they're my own flesh and blood! ¿cómo puedo hacerlo? ¡son de mi propia sangre! to make sb's flesh creep o crawl ponerle* los pelos de punta or la piel de gallina a algn to press the flesh [colloquial/familiar] ir* por ahí estrechando manos (before noun/delante del nombre) [wound] superficial these are flesh-and-blood people we are talking about estamos hablando de gente de carne y hueso a flesh-and-blood princess una princesa de verdad or de carne y huesoMore example sentences
More example sentences
- I am a man of substance, of flesh and bone, fiber and liquids - I might even be said to possess a mind.
- He reached out and grabbed his wife's shoulder here, pushing his fingers into the soft crevice of flesh over bone.
- Jim felt the pulsing of the sun as its heat, magnified by the window it was pouring through, met with soft flesh and willing muscle.
More example sentences1.2 (of fruit) pulpa (feminine)
- A ‘vegetarian’ is a person who does not eat meat, fish, foul or any food derived from the flesh of animals.
- Sea bass is a silvery grey fish with succulent white flesh.
- Glamorgan sausages contain neither flesh nor fish nor fowl, but cheese and leeks.
More example sentences
- There was the sound of flesh hitting other flesh and a body falling to the ground.
- His skin had felt deliciously cool against her heated flesh as his hard body moved against hers.
- This Skin Firming Moisturiser with seaweed extract and caffeine promises to firm up flabby flesh and reduce the appearance of cellulite.
- If you timed it right you could spend a good part of the day out of the sun with cool pulpy grape flesh oozing between your toes.
- Cut a ripe kiwi fruit in half and squeeze it over the squid, letting both the juice and flesh of the fruit drop into the bowl.
- Put the onions, garlic, aubergine flesh, the lemon juice and seasoning into a food processor and whiz until it begins to become a purée.
- 2 [Religion/Religión] the flesh la carne sins/pleasures of the flesh los pecados/los placeres de la carne to go the way of all flesh [euphemistic/eufemístico] pasar a mejor vida [euphemistic/eufemístico]More example sentences
- The old man once walked in trespasses and sins according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind.
- In contrast to the previous evening the pleasures of the flesh were much in evidence.
- With crew members leading a lonely existence and having to stay away from their family for days together, they are tempted to give in to the pleasures of the flesh.
flesh outverb + object + adverb, verb + adverb + object/verbo + complemento + adverbio, verbo + adverbio + complemento
- (add detail to) [story/argument] desarrollar; [character] darle* cuerpo a
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Palacio de Oriente, also known as the Palacio Real, is the official residence of the Spanish Royal Family. The Royal Family now lives in the Palacio de la Zarzuela, on the outskirts of Madrid.