- 1(candle/flame/TV picture)
parpadear(needle on dial)his eyelids flickered
oscilarparpadeóa smile flickered across her faceesbozó una sonrisathe shadows flickered on the walllas sombras bailaban en la paredExample sentences
- There were no bright lights flickering on and off giving you a headache.
- Without any warning, the lights flickered then turned on brightly.
- A bright light flickered from the other side of the window and firecrackers popped all over the room.
- Small dying flames flickered on his body, and he did nothing to remove them, as if the flames were merely a mirage.
- Nick's eyes burned, small flames flickering within his pupils.
- The flame flickered and then burnt fiercely, casting a warm yellow light over the small study.
- My eyelids flickered open and revealed Jack on a chair next to my bed.
- Saka's eyelids flickered, then popped open to reveal cerulean eyes with no pupils that Ayane could see.
- After several moments, Karae's eyelids flickered and opened a tiny bit.
- 2also: flickering present participle(light)we watched the flickering shadows/flames
titilantemirábamos bailar las sombras/llamas
noununcountable or countable
- 1 (of flame)(of light) parpadeo (masculine)the flicker on the TV screen
titileo (masculine)el parpadeo de la imagenExample sentences
- The bright flicker of the candles lit the room and colored their cheeks as they stood before the kingdom's legion of Royal advisors.
- Abruptly, the strange, unsteady flickers of light coalesced, solidifying as a small spark of flame grew within their depths.
- They stayed late beside its glow, a flicker of light barely visible to us through the trees.
- 2 (of eyelids)(of needle on dial) oscilación (feminine)the flicker of a smile passed across her faceesbozó una sonrisawithout a flicker of recognitionsin la más mínima señal de reconocerloExample sentences
- He caught a flicker of movement off to his right and vaguely heard the soft sounds of a small stream.
- She thought she caught a flicker of movement out of the corner of her eye and turned to peer intently that way.
- She kept low and watched the wagons disappear, but a flicker of movement caught her eye and she turned her head in time to see a red spider logo on the back of a jacket.
- (Zoology)carpintero (masculine) doradoExample sentences
- Woodpeckers, flickers, chickadees and nuthatches are among the many species that benefit from it.
- Unlike most woodpeckers, flickers spend a lot of time on the ground probing for ants.
- The preserve, wild with birdsong, was thick with robins, flickers, grackles, blackbirds, catbirds, and doves.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.