Translation of flight in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 uncountable/no numerable (of bird, aircraft) vuelo (masculine); (of ball, projectile) trayectoria (feminine) the history of flight la historia de la aviación or de la navegación aérea in flight en vuelo, volando the speaker was in full flight when … el orador estaba en pleno discurso cuando …Example sentences1.2 countable/numerable (air journey) vuelo (masculine) we had a good/bad flight tuvimos un buen/mal vuelo Flight YZ321 to/from Paris el vuelo YZ321 con destino a/procedente de París
Example sentences1.3 countable/numerable (mental) it was just a flight of fancy no fue más que una fantasía
- We were being processed for flight by a talking orange.
- But in every generation, it seems, they try, remembering not the fall, but the heady lift of flight, the eagle soaring by.
- I crouched, sniffing and listening, every muscle poised for flight.
- Those travelling on scheduled flights should contact their airline.
- Rutan said the spacecraft would be safer than early commercial airline travel, and flights would not be limited to the young and superfit.
- The deals include return flights with Continental Airlines from Gatwick and a stay at the famous Golden Nugget hotel.
- 2 countable/numerable (group — of birds) bandada (feminine); (— of aircraft) escuadrilla (feminine) he is in the top flight of physicists está entre los físicos más destacados or prominentesExample sentences
- This is a region dotted with Chotts, lakes and salt marshes that expand and subtract with the seasons, attracting vast flights of birds as well as herds.
- A flight of birds flew up through the sky, frightened of whoever was there.
- Some of these dances represented the caribou hunt; others might portray a flight of birds or a battle with the weather.
- Though each side had fewer aircraft and smaller flights, the combat was just as deadly.
- Fortunately the second aircraft in the flight missed the wires completely, possibly by flying under them.
- Whenever the weather cooperated, FAS sent flights of aircraft to hit the British task force.
- 3 countable/numerable (of stairs) tramo (masculine)Example sentences
- They made their way up to the fourth floor via a creaky flight of steps.
- She walked around the ground level looking for the flight of stairs that led to the second floor.
- Muketsu, the first in Chizome's line, climbed the short flight of stairs and stepped to the front of the altar.
- 4 uncountable/no numerable 4.1 (act of fleeing) huida (feminine) to put sb to flight poner* a algn en fuga, hacer* huir a algn to take flight darse* a la fuga 4.2 [Finance] fuga (feminine) the flight of capital abroad la fuga de capitales al extranjeroExample sentences
- No investor flight has happened yet, but hot money can leave the region as fast as it roars in.
- They signal capital flight by Western investors, I have not yet noticed, but then, I cannot keep an eye on everything.
- Here the response to currency devaluation and capital flight would be to impose further cuts on social policies and further constraints on the poor.
- Among the wildlife in headlong flight is a scorpion.
- The twenty-eight year old poet was theoretically en route from Milan; in reality he was in flight from an England which was still agog at rumours of his lunatic behaviour.
- True historical breakthroughs, in which the defender is shocked into inaction or headlong flight, are almost impossible to achieve.
- 5 (on dart, arrow) aleta (feminine), pluma (feminine)Example sentences
- The skip pass completed, every defensive player moved with player movement and flight of the ball as dictated by the rules.
- This basically means that there are no unnecessary moving parts in Tiger's swing, which has allowed him to control the trajectory of his ball flight better.
- The releasing or rolling of the club head through impact ensures greater power and the ability to control the ball flight.
- The standard clock-face became established in the late 19th century, and paper flights to fit the darts were patented in 1898.
- Believe it or not, you can buy flights for darts that come complete with the smell of stale beer.
- In fact it suggests to us nothing less than a set of plastic dart flights.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Havana, Cuba has three daily newspapers. The best known is Granma(www.granma.cubaweb.cu), official newspaper of the Cuban Communist Party. Trabajadores is published by the Cuban trade union movement, and the more lively Juventud Rebelde is aimed at a younger readership.