Translation of flint in Spanish:
- 1.1 u and c [Geology/Geología] sílex (masculine), pedernal (masculine); (piece of stone) pedernal (masculine); (before noun/delante del nombre) [ax/arrowhead] de sílexExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 countable/numerable (implement) sílex (masculine) 1.3 countable/numerable (for cigarette lighter) piedra (feminine)
- Silica precipitated from aqueous solution at low temperatures gives cryptocrystalline varieties such as opal, jasper, chalcedony, agate, carnelian, onyx, flint, and chert.
- It passes upwards into almost flat-lying white coccolith chalk with parallel lines of black flint nodules.
- The artifacts recovered from these excavations will give a clearer picture of the technology and particularly their production and use of flint and chert.
- It was associated with a cobbled ‘work area’ covered by vast quantities of pottery, five stone axes, a number of broken tools and flints.
- The site is dated by large quantities of Mesolithic flints, such as crescent-shaped microliths, scrapers and points.
- Excavations at the site produced over 300 worked flints of early-middle Mesolithic type.
- For example, an alloy of calcium and cerium is used in flints in cigarette and other types of lighters.
- Misch metal is used to make the flint in cigarette lighters.
- Lauren sparked her flints together against the wood.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Primaria is the name given in Spain to the first of the two compulsory levels of education. It is for pupils between six and twelve years of age and leads to the