- 1.1 u and c [Geology/Geología] sílex (masculine), pedernal (masculine); (piece of stone) pedernal (masculine); (before noun/delante del nombre) [ax/arrowhead] de sílexMore example sentences
More example sentences1.2 countable/numerable (implement) sílex (masculine) 1.3 countable/numerable (for cigarette lighter) piedra (feminine)
- Silica precipitated from aqueous solution at low temperatures gives cryptocrystalline varieties such as opal, jasper, chalcedony, agate, carnelian, onyx, flint, and chert.
- It passes upwards into almost flat-lying white coccolith chalk with parallel lines of black flint nodules.
- The artifacts recovered from these excavations will give a clearer picture of the technology and particularly their production and use of flint and chert.
More example sentences
- It was associated with a cobbled ‘work area’ covered by vast quantities of pottery, five stone axes, a number of broken tools and flints.
- The site is dated by large quantities of Mesolithic flints, such as crescent-shaped microliths, scrapers and points.
- Excavations at the site produced over 300 worked flints of early-middle Mesolithic type.
- For example, an alloy of calcium and cerium is used in flints in cigarette and other types of lighters.
- Misch metal is used to make the flint in cigarette lighters.
- Lauren sparked her flints together against the wood.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Spain, a ración is a serving of food eaten in a bar or cafe, generally with a drink. Friends or relatives meet in a bar or cafe, order a number of raciones, and share them.