Translation of flintlock in Spanish:
- 1.1 (lock) llave (feminine) de chispaExample sentences1.2 (gun) fusil (masculine) or trabuco (masculine) de chispa
- Muskets spanned the transition from matchlock, through wheel lock and flintlock, to percussion.
- Side plates are decorative additions placed on the lateral margins of flintlock muskets opposite the lock plate.
- It tossed a foot-long wooden truncheon onto a table beside a flintlock pistol and flopped down into a chair, snarling all the while.
- From the other side of the duck pond, Pete draws his flintlock and fires at the boat.
- This system of firearms ignition replaced the flintlock in the early 19th century.
- His interest in the historical development of firearms motivated him to study, shoot and collect nearly every type of firearm from flintlocks to full-autos.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Sherry is produced in an area of chalky soil known as albariza lying between the towns of Puerto de Santa María, Sanlúcar de Barrameda, and Jerez de la Frontera in Cádiz province. It is from Jerez that sherry takes its English name. Sherries, made from grape varieties including Palomino and Pedro Ximénez, are drunk worldwide as an aperitif, and in Spain as an accompaniment to