- 1.1 [Building/Construcción] tabla (f) del suelo, duela (f) (Mexico/México)More example sentences1.2 (American English/inglés norteamericano) [Cars/Automovilismo] suelo (m), piso (m) (Latin America/América Latina) to have the accelerator down to the floorboards tener* pisado el acelerador a fondo
More example sentences
- The second double bedroom has polished wooden floorboards, a picture window and built-in wardrobes.
- The original stained timber floorboards are retained and there is a cast iron fireplace.
- I crept silently into the living room, wincing when a hardwood floorboard creaked under my weight.
- Quickly he grabbed an old brown paper lunch sack from the back floorboards of his car.
- I was driving last night, and when I went to brake, I had to practically shove the brake pedal into the floorboard to make the car stop.
- She gazed at the floorboard of the car confused and light-hearted with Sade's annoying company.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The variety of catalán spoken in the Balearic Islands is called mallorquín. Some people regard it as a separate language from Catalan, which enjoys official status, but it is not officially recognized as such.