- 1.1 [Const] tabla (f) del suelo, duela (f) (Méx)More example sentences1.2 (AmE) [Auto] suelo (m), piso (m) (AmL) to have the accelerator down to the floorboards tener* pisado el acelerador a fondo
More example sentences
- The second double bedroom has polished wooden floorboards, a picture window and built-in wardrobes.
- The original stained timber floorboards are retained and there is a cast iron fireplace.
- I crept silently into the living room, wincing when a hardwood floorboard creaked under my weight.
- Quickly he grabbed an old brown paper lunch sack from the back floorboards of his car.
- I was driving last night, and when I went to brake, I had to practically shove the brake pedal into the floorboard to make the car stop.
- She gazed at the floorboard of the car confused and light-hearted with Sade's annoying company.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Churro is a typical Spanish food, consisting of a long thin cylinder of dough, deep-fried in olive oil and often dusted with sugar. Churros are usually eaten with a thick hot drinking chocolate, especially for breakfast.