Translation of flower in Spanish:
- 1 countable 1.1 (blossom) no flowers by requestse ruega no enviar ofrendas floralesto be in flower uncountableestar en florflower shopExample sentences1.2 (plant) (before noun) flower garden
- Bulbs planted late in winter come into flower in early summer.
- Tubers were harvested on August 17, just as the plants were coming into flower and before the tubers were fully mature.
- And every summer the threat to livestock increases as the plant comes into flower in its millions.
- The pistil and the stamen of the flowers are the specialized organs responsible for the reproductive processes.
- I didn't see anything but green plants, brightly coloured flowers, and brown earth.
- Unisexual flowers with three white petals produce numerous stamens or carpels and both present floral nectar.
- 2 uncountable (finest part) [literary]the flower of the nation/armyla flor y nata del país/ejércitohe died in the flower of his youthmurió en la flor de la edad or de la juventud or de la vidaExample sentences
- ‘Of course I would forgive you, you are my youngest daughter, the flower of our family,’ Christiana cried.
- From a country with only 3.5 million people, the troops - the flower of Albania's youth - represent the best Albania has to offer.
- For the resurrection of this Isis, the Simphonie du Marais spared no effort, bringing together some excellent players and the flower of French Baroque singing.
- 1 (Botany)Example sentences
- The tired, sun-burnt hills of summer have awoken with a new, hopeful greenness and the catalpa trees are flowering with huge white orchid-like flowers in the village squares.
- The daffodils and the cherry trees flowering in the spring are the most popular feature on postcards or calendars, but the Gardens are worth visiting in all seasons.
- In some cases, the name simply implies that the species flowers earlier than other similar plants.
- 2also: flowering present participle(plant/shrub/tree)a summer-/spring-flowering plant
que da floresuna planta que florece en verano/primaveraflowering mapleabutilón (masculine)
- 3 (reach maturity)alcanzar la plenitud [formal]Example sentences
- Since then, it has flowered into a dynamic forum to access, understand, and research the rapidly mushrooming field of Indian Literature in English, as well as to translate regional literature.
- The naughty twinkle she displayed in films such as Ghostbusters has flowered into a comic touch that knows no fear of shame.
- If this was meant as an insult, it soon flowered into prophesy.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.