Translation of flub in Spanish:
transitive verb present participle flubbing past tense, past participle flubbed
- (US) [colloquial]
fallar(chance)I flubbed the exam
echar a perderla pifié en el examen [colloquial]troné el examen (Mexico)Example sentences
- After flubbing her lines, Haines said: ‘I could be a lesbian, folk-dancing, black woman stutterer in a wheelchair with a gimping rubber leg.’
- On the other hand, it is partly because he is the only one who could make it through the run without flubbing a line.
- I took a deep breath, flubbed my first line as I walked across the kitchen set, and then took my place in the chair where I did my ‘Oh, George you are my hero for loving your country this much’ speech.
intransitive verb present participle flubbing past tense, past participle flubbed
- (US) [colloquial]metedura (feminine) de pata [colloquial]metida (feminine) de pata (Latin America) [colloquial]embarrada (feminine) (South America) [colloquial]Example sentences
- . Yes, for a limited time only, you can witness the various flubs, flaws and foul-ups of the MST3K gang as they try to work their way through a typical two-hour episode.
- Along with a 6 minute gag reel that is nothing more than flubs and mistakes, there are 13 deleted scenes with optional Farrelly commentary that explains the reason for their omission in the film.
- This is bookended with a humorous gag reel of flubs and mistakes by the cast, crew, and gremlins!
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.