Translation of flute in Spanish:
- 1 (Music) (instrument, organ stop)Example sentences
- Reading the literature, one can hear fiddles, wood flutes, bagpipes, guitar, mandolins and bodhráns.
- The traditional instruments are bagpipes, reed flutes, drums, and wind instruments.
- Drums and the flute were the musical instruments of the Indians before the Spanish conquest.
- In Petrusberg, South Africa, churchgoers voted not to get rid of a friend - a cobra who lived in the ceiling, always came out to listen when the organist played the organ's flute stops, fled back to its hole when the preaching started.
- After intermission, the musicians began gently with pieces featuring the organ's flute stops and a quartet of recorders.
- A colorful Swell Oboe and Vox Humana provide the organ with attractive solo voices; the latter adds a mystical contribution to the strings and flutes of the organ.
- 2 (glass)Example sentences
- Everything from plastic cups, empty beer bottles, used disposable coffee cups, to wine glasses and champagne flutes can be found at the exhibit.
- The champagne flute is tall and narrow to slow the loss of the CO2 bubbles, to keep it from going ‘flat’ for as long as possible.
- Guests have been asked for eight sherry glasses, eight champagne flutes, eight whisky tumblers, eight brandy goblets and two decanters.
- 1 (make wavy)Example sentences
- He began by adding a light Baroque facade with pilasters and massive fluted columns at the main, upper tier, topped by a balustrade with vases and statues.
- The new space was panelled throughout, and fluted Corinthian columns and pilasters were added.
- A glaze highlights detailing in the ginger-stained doors and fluted columns.
- 2 (pillar/column) (Architecture)estriar
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.