Translation of flying in Spanish:
adjective before noun
- 1 (hurried) a flying visituna visita relámpagoExample sentences
- On Saturday, on his return from his brief and much publicised flying visit home to England, he repeated the message to a higher authority.
- This unexpected visitor began to arrive at Mary Forde's home last week and after a flying visit in and out has now decided to set up home permanently.
- I shall never forget that first flying visit to Dresden.
- 2(glass/debris)she took a flying leap and crossed it
que vuela (por los aires)tomó impulso y lo cruzó de un saltoa flying tackle (Sport)un placaje en el aireExample sentences
- A couple of people suffered minor cuts from flying glass, but it was at the end of the night so there were not many people there.
- She dodged the flying body and kicked Lars hard enough to crush his skull.
- The close-quarter action photography with gristle and bone is spliced with dizzy shots of flying masonry launched by ginormous trebuchets.
- 1 (as pilot) the history of flyingla historia de la aviación(before noun) (time/hours/lesson)
de vuelo(helmet/jacket)flying club
de pilotoaeroclub (masculine)
club (masculine) de vueloExample sentences
- Joe was a TWA pilot and Rick flew corporate aircraft so flying must be in the Barker family genes.
- Model aircraft flying is a training ground for serious pilots and the Lismore club has spawned a number of full time aviators.
- ‘For me and for most cadets, the first challenge of the training is solo flying,’ Tu said.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.