Translation of foam in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable (natural)Example sentences
- She poured a dollop into her hands and raked her fingers through her hair, lathering the shampoo into a thick white foam.
- The molinillo was placed in the chocolate pot and agitated to form foam.
- As a coffee shop, they offer all the extras you hope for, including lattes served in pre-warmed mugs decorated with thick drifts of creamy foam.
- 2 uncountable and countable (detergent, chemical) contraceptive/shaving foamespuma espermicida/de afeitarExample sentences
- He said the foam had the consistency of shaving foam, but much smaller, and is entirely harmless.
- But the cake, shaped like a Reese's cup with a liquid center and curry-touched foam, is pure yum.
- They make a decent café au lait that's served in a glass and topped with a thick, lip-sticking foam.
- 3 uncountable (padding)Example sentences
- A piece of dry foam rubber or foam plastic, rubbed over the garment, will usually take them off.
- Plastic, foam or rubber thongs are completely casual, but can be worn off the beach nonetheless.
- Once the rubber and mounting foam have been cut, the stamps are glued to a wooden mound and are ready to impress!
- (sea/waves)to foam at the mouth (animal) she was foaming at the mouth
hacer espumaestaba que rabiabaExample sentences
- She saw the boats pulling away from the docks and the water foamed and bubbled beneath them.
- The tub is slick, and with lots of slippery bubbles foaming up from the jets, you'd best watch your step.
- Stir and set aside for 5 or 6 minutes, until mixture bubbles and foams.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.