Translation of folio in Spanish:
noun plural folios
- 1 (sheet)Example sentences
- ‘Restored and put under glass, the folios could be gingerly handled, and it was possible to photograph all the pages,’ he said.
- The folios will debut at Artexpo New York along with a limited-edition giclee print of ‘Moon Rider.’
- Today it has been pulled apart, the folios bound to a cardboard binder.
- 2 (numbered leaf)Example sentences
- The specific piece of evidence is an entry given within the book, on the front of folio 327, dating from 1635.
- The combination of second-person speech and frontal gaze of the princess on folio 3v indicates to him that the book was expressly produced for her young foreign eyes.
- The earlier set of ordinances are on folios 17-19, the original custumal on ff.20-49, and the later set of ordinances on ff.74-77.
- 3 (volume)libro (masculine) en folio
infolio (masculine)Example sentences
- Up to now it is more than a hundred folios of manuscript.
- The desktop itself was lost beneath teetering stacks of leather-bound volumes and slim folios that formed a parapet around the edges of the desk.
- She dedicated her lavish folio volume, in large print, to her brother-in-law, Sir Charles Cavendish, in gratitude.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.