Translation of folio in Spanish:
noun/nombre (plural folios)
- 1.1 (sheet) pliego (masculine)Example sentences1.2 (numbered leaf) folio (masculine)
Example sentences1.3 (volume) libro (masculine) en folio, infolio (masculine)
- ‘Restored and put under glass, the folios could be gingerly handled, and it was possible to photograph all the pages,’ he said.
- The folios will debut at Artexpo New York along with a limited-edition giclee print of ‘Moon Rider.’
- Today it has been pulled apart, the folios bound to a cardboard binder.
- The specific piece of evidence is an entry given within the book, on the front of folio 327, dating from 1635.
- The combination of second-person speech and frontal gaze of the princess on folio 3v indicates to him that the book was expressly produced for her young foreign eyes.
- The earlier set of ordinances are on folios 17-19, the original custumal on ff.20-49, and the later set of ordinances on ff.74-77.
- Up to now it is more than a hundred folios of manuscript.
- The desktop itself was lost beneath teetering stacks of leather-bound volumes and slim folios that formed a parapet around the edges of the desk.
- She dedicated her lavish folio volume, in large print, to her brother-in-law, Sir Charles Cavendish, in gratitude.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Did you know Mexico City has twenty daily newspapers? The morning daily Excelsior (www.excelsior.com.mx), established in 1917, is often considered the nation's best and one of the most important newspapers of the Spanish-speaking world. La Jornada is another important daily, and there is an English-language daily, The News.