Translation of folk in Spanish:
- 1 alsoalso: folks plural1.1 (people) [colloquial] some folk(s) are never satisfiedyoung/city folk(s)hay gente que nunca se queda conformeit was full of old folk(s)gente joven/de la ciudadyou folks hi folks!estaba lleno de viejosExample sentences
- There was a general feeling amongst folk who hadn't been faced with this situation before; they were stunned.
- I might be wrong but folk of my generation are probably Apple's prime audience.
- I suppose it also had to do with the fact that my parents were messy folk, something of which I was deeply ashamed.
also: folks plural(especially American English) [colloquial] (relatives)(parents)padres (masculine plural)viejos (masculine plural) [colloquial]Example sentences
- The Soul of Man Under Socialism, folks, looks a lot better than it does under ten feet of sewage-filled water.
- I think we've located another point in our musical journey here, folks.
- A fair amount of the traditional old machete gardening was in order - it's more fun than it looks, folks!
- Help your friends move, invite your folks to live with you, go out of your way to help someone with their homework, and so on.
- Now I understand that my folks must have saved me from death hundreds of times without even thinking twice about it.
- My folks never took my instruments away or forbade me to play a gig.
- 3 uncountable (Music)Example sentences
- Their music is a mixture of Eastern European folk, gypsy, techno and American jazz.
- She plays steel, slide and acoustic guitar, mandolin and body percussion - her music crossing boundaries through folk, country and reggae.
- Off The Rails will also be playing rock, reggae, jazz, folk, samba, blues and world music-influenced songs.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Today is Aberri Eguna, Basque national day, and a public holiday in the Basque country of Spain.