Translation of forage in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable/no numerable (feed) forraje (masculine)Example sentences
- It may provide enough forage to delay turning cattle into spring pastures with limited growth that could be rapidly over grazed.
- It provides early spring forage not only for cattle and sheep, but for wild ruminants as well, including deer, bison, elk, and moose.
- Lack of precipitation resulted in a severe decrease in availability of mixed grass forage, resulting in animal BW loss.
- 2 countable/numerable 2.1 (search) we had a forage in the cupboard for something to eat revolvimos or hurgamos en el armario para ver si encontrábamos algo de comer 2.2 (raid) [Military/Militar] incursión (feminine)Example sentences
- If only the director trusted her audience, this could've been a sublime forage into the netherworld of the human psyche.
- A desperate forage in the log pile to feed the wood-burner can wreck a grass snake's winter and even an innocent trip to the cellar for a bottle of wine may prove fatal to a hibernating bat.
- Kuala Lumpar offers lots to do: a visit to the world's tallest building, a forage in the famous night market or a trip to the Hindu temples at the Batu Caves.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The language of the Basque Country and Navarre is euskera, spoken by around 750,000 people; in Spanish vasco or vascuence. It is also spelled euskara. Basque is unrelated to the Indo-European languages and its origins are unclear.