Translation of forage in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable (feed)Example sentences
- It may provide enough forage to delay turning cattle into spring pastures with limited growth that could be rapidly over grazed.
- It provides early spring forage not only for cattle and sheep, but for wild ruminants as well, including deer, bison, elk, and moose.
- Lack of precipitation resulted in a severe decrease in availability of mixed grass forage, resulting in animal BW loss.
- 2 countable 2.1 (search) we had a forage in the cupboard for something to eatrevolvimos or hurgamos en el armario para ver si encontrábamos algo de comer2.2 (raid) (Military)Example sentences
- If only the director trusted her audience, this could've been a sublime forage into the netherworld of the human psyche.
- A desperate forage in the log pile to feed the wood-burner can wreck a grass snake's winter and even an innocent trip to the cellar for a bottle of wine may prove fatal to a hibernating bat.
- Kuala Lumpar offers lots to do: a visit to the world's tallest building, a forage in the famous night market or a trip to the Hindu temples at the Batu Caves.
forrajearExample sentences1.2 (for supplies)to forage
- When chimps forage for food they do not ask themselves why, or consider better alternatives any more than does a beaver consider better ways of building dams.
- He would forage for food in the morning and hope that tomorrow was the day his luck changed.
- Until the first batch of workers hatches, the queen must forage for all the food herself, and this two - to three-week period is when she is vulnerable to being trapped.
forsomethingbuscar algo1.3 (rummage)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.