- 1 1.1 [custom/country/language] extranjero foreign currency moneda (feminine) extranjera foreign labor mano (feminine) de obra del exterior he looks foreign tiene pinta de extranjero I hear you're off to foreign parts me han dicho que te vas al extranjero foreign-born nacido en el extranjeroMore example sentences1.2 [policy/trade/relations/aid] exterior foreign debt deuda (feminine) externa
More example sentences
- And a beautiful thing, for me, was that most spoke with foreign accents and in foreign languages.
- My life has been spent pretty equally between the two countries, and I flatter myself I speak both languages without any foreign accent.
- Thousands of foreigners, with foreign currency and language, needed to have a special market set up.
- No. Are they offering us a new foreign policy or another way of dealing with dictators and terrorists?
- Lawyers and those dealing with foreign affairs have a smooth week ahead.
- Taubman recounts all of his subject's most significant dealings, both in terms of foreign and domestic policy.
- 2 (alien) to be foreign
tosth/sb ser* ajeno aalgo/algn that's foreign to her nature eso es ajeno a su carácter the idea was completely foreign to him la idea le era completamente ajenaMore example sentences
- It felt too strange, too foreign, like she'd forsaken all of her unknown past.
- There is a tendency to regard extremism and reaction within a part of the Muslim community in the west as something intrinsically strange or foreign.
- We're so used to the idea of the media as something that we're privileged to have, that the idea of it actively coming to us is foreign and strange.
- 3 [Medicine/Medicina] [substance] extraño a foreign body un cuerpo extrañoMore example sentences
- Lawyers protested that it would expose clients to unreasonable pressure, and introduce a foreign element into the court.
- Now introduce two types of foreign elements - lets say bacteria and viruses.
- This label encompasses processes such as deleting a gene from or introducing a foreign gene into a plant's DNA.