Translation of foreign in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 [custom/country/language] extranjero foreign labor mano (feminine) de obra del exterior he looks foreign tiene pinta de extranjero I hear you're off to foreign parts me han dicho que te vas al extranjero foreign-born nacido en el extranjeroExample sentences1.2 [policy/trade/relations/aid] exterior foreign debt deuda (feminine) externa
- And a beautiful thing, for me, was that most spoke with foreign accents and in foreign languages.
- My life has been spent pretty equally between the two countries, and I flatter myself I speak both languages without any foreign accent.
- Thousands of foreigners, with foreign currency and language, needed to have a special market set up.
- No. Are they offering us a new foreign policy or another way of dealing with dictators and terrorists?
- Lawyers and those dealing with foreign affairs have a smooth week ahead.
- Taubman recounts all of his subject's most significant dealings, both in terms of foreign and domestic policy.
- 2 (alien) to be foreign
tosth/sb ser* ajeno aalgo/algn that's foreign to her nature eso es ajeno a su carácter the idea was completely foreign to him la idea le era completamente ajenaExample sentences
- It felt too strange, too foreign, like she'd forsaken all of her unknown past.
- There is a tendency to regard extremism and reaction within a part of the Muslim community in the west as something intrinsically strange or foreign.
- We're so used to the idea of the media as something that we're privileged to have, that the idea of it actively coming to us is foreign and strange.
- 3 [Medicine/Medicina] [substance] extraño a foreign body un cuerpo extrañoExample sentences
- Lawyers protested that it would expose clients to unreasonable pressure, and introduce a foreign element into the court.
- Now introduce two types of foreign elements - lets say bacteria and viruses.
- This label encompasses processes such as deleting a gene from or introducing a foreign gene into a plant's DNA.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Distrito Federal is a district of central Mexico, the seat of the federal government. It includes most of Mexico City and its suburbs, and comes under the direct supervision of the Mexican president.