Translation of foreman in Spanish:
noun plural foremenPronunciation: /-mən/
- 1 (supervisor)Example sentences
- For management officials and industrial arbitrators, male aggression towards foremen and supervisors was far more serious than such behavior toward fellow workers.
- The phrase ‘too many chefs spoil the broth’ may apply to 20-man committees or a glut of foremen and not enough workers, but rarely does actually apply to chefs.
- They were never the foreman, never the worker, always the guy that ordered stuff or coordinated stuff.
- 2 (of jury)presidente (masculine) del juradoExample sentences
- It was the foreman speaking on behalf of the jury, as I understand it, your Honour.
- A short retirement can reflect the compelling nature of the evidence, or equally the skill of the foreman in handling the jury's discussions.
- When they appeared in the jury box, the foreman handed the judge a note.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.