Translation of foreman in Spanish:
noun/nombre (plural -men /-mən/)
- 1 (supervisor) capataz (masculine)Example sentences
- For management officials and industrial arbitrators, male aggression towards foremen and supervisors was far more serious than such behavior toward fellow workers.
- The phrase ‘too many chefs spoil the broth’ may apply to 20-man committees or a glut of foremen and not enough workers, but rarely does actually apply to chefs.
- They were never the foreman, never the worker, always the guy that ordered stuff or coordinated stuff.
- 2 (of jury) presidente (masculine) del juradoExample sentences
- It was the foreman speaking on behalf of the jury, as I understand it, your Honour.
- A short retirement can reflect the compelling nature of the evidence, or equally the skill of the foreman in handling the jury's discussions.
- When they appeared in the jury box, the foreman handed the judge a note.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Today is the Día de los Santos Inocentes, a religious festival celebrated in the Spanish-speaking world to commemorate the New Testament story of the massacre of the "Innocents", by playing practical jokes, or inocentadas, on one another. The classic inocentada is to hang paper dolls on someone's back without their knowing. Spoof news stories also appear in newspapers and the media.