n (pl -women)(BrE)
- 1 (supervisor) capataz (f), capataza (f)More example sentences
- In this case women from the lower class of workers were still binding their feet while the ‘forewomen’ had begun to quit the practice.
- After all, she has been his forewoman for years, and knows him like clockwork.
- Under the deacons are ‘care-takers,’ who are the foremen and forewomen in the different pursuits.
- 2 (of jury) presidenta (f) del juradoMore example sentences
- The jury was on the eve of delivering their verdict, the jury forewoman had a heart attack.
- A group of jurors who wanted to convict deposed the forewoman.
- The jury forewoman on a capital murder trial said this of a fellow juror who believed the defendant deserved to die, yet couldn't vote for death.
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Cultural fact of the day
Today is a public holiday in Peru (Día de la Independencia)