Translation of forewoman in Spanish:
noun/nombre (plural -women)(British English/inglés británico)
- 1 (supervisor) capataz (feminine), capataza (feminine)Example sentences
- In this case women from the lower class of workers were still binding their feet while the ‘forewomen’ had begun to quit the practice.
- After all, she has been his forewoman for years, and knows him like clockwork.
- Under the deacons are ‘care-takers,’ who are the foremen and forewomen in the different pursuits.
- 2 (of jury) presidenta (feminine) del juradoExample sentences
- The jury was on the eve of delivering their verdict, the jury forewoman had a heart attack.
- A group of jurors who wanted to convict deposed the forewoman.
- The jury forewoman on a capital murder trial said this of a fellow juror who believed the defendant deserved to die, yet couldn't vote for death.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
An estanco is an establishment selling tobacco, stamps, bus and subway passes and other products whose sale is restricted. Cigarettes etc are sold in bars and cafés but at higher prices. Estancos also sell stationery and sometimes newspapers.