- 1.1 (wretched) [glance/smile/sigh] triste [appearance] (of person) de tristeza y desamparo; (of house, place) de abandonoMore example sentences1.2 (desperate) [attempt/effort] desesperado in the forlorn hope of … con la vana esperanza de …
More example sentences
- A pathetically forlorn figure, he set out to destroy all traces of the religion of his ancestors.
- Friends tell me Paul has been seen walking his dog around the Heath, looking rather forlorn and lonely.
- This is the tale of a lonely and forlorn Scotsman, who somehow managed to get himself separated from his drinking companions, and lost in a strange city.
- The bikers have started burning them down at night in a forlorn attempt to hold back the waves of progress that Phoenix is attracting with its golf courses.
- Archaeologists think it may have been built in a forlorn attempt to stave off the effects of climate change 5,000 years ago.
- Any such effort would be forlorn, for O'Neill is staying put in Britain.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...