Translation of forlorn in Spanish:
- 1 (wretched)(glance/smile/sigh)(appearance)
triste(of person) de tristeza y desamparo(of house, place) de abandonoExample sentences
- A pathetically forlorn figure, he set out to destroy all traces of the religion of his ancestors.
- Friends tell me Paul has been seen walking his dog around the Heath, looking rather forlorn and lonely.
- This is the tale of a lonely and forlorn Scotsman, who somehow managed to get himself separated from his drinking companions, and lost in a strange city.
- 2 (desperate)(attempt/effort)in the forlorn hope of …
desesperadocon la vana esperanza de …Example sentences
- The bikers have started burning them down at night in a forlorn attempt to hold back the waves of progress that Phoenix is attracting with its golf courses.
- Archaeologists think it may have been built in a forlorn attempt to stave off the effects of climate change 5,000 years ago.
- Any such effort would be forlorn, for O'Neill is staying put in Britain.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.