- 1 (earlier, previous) [Prime Minister/champion] antiguo my former wife/husband mi exesposa/exesposo in former days o times antes, en otros tiempos, antiguamente a former member of the team un antiguo miembro or un exmiembro del equipoMore example sentences
More example sentences
- Previous solo albums by former Blur guitarist Graham Coxon were almost the sound of a man apologising for having once been in the charts.
- The former cricket umpire had previously been picked up once every three months by ambulance for check-ups at the hospital.
- In fact, she was a former bankrupt who had previously been charged with insurance fraud.
- Euro RSCG Arks has lost several major accounts and shrunk to a third of its former size in the past two years.
- In a nod to the county's former hippy past, the company's head chef is said to have formerly worked for the rock band Grateful Dead.
- It's easy to forget the former blight and decay of this part of Southwark.
- 2 (first-mentioned) primero the former case/problem el primer caso/problemaMore example sentences
- Aquinas leans in the direction of the former view, but realizes that the latter could in fact be the case.
- The left take precisely the opposite view, condemning the former assault but applauding the latter.
- The essence of the former view can be presented as follows.