Translation of forthcoming in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (approaching) (usually before noun)(event)his daughter's forthcoming weddingla boda de su hija, que tendrá ( or tendría etc) lugar pronto or dentro de poco tiempoExample sentences1.2 (about to appear)
(article/record)de próxima aparición(film)forthcoming booksa estrenarse próximamenteediciones en preparación
- We had played our rugby to gain the lead, and then, with one eye on the forthcoming cricket season, we had declared.
- June was due to appear in the forthcoming production of ‘The Odd Couple’ in September.
- They insisted that Wales would appear prominently in their forthcoming yearbook of regional statistics.
- 2 (available) (predicative) no explanation was forthcomingthere is no help forthcoming from that sourceno dieron ( or dio etc) ninguna explicaciónpor ese lado no cabe esperar ninguna ayudaExample sentences
- The chairman promised funds would be made available but none were forthcoming.
- If credit was forthcoming, they were ready to borrow as much as someone was willing to lend.
- The approach is preliminary in nature and there can be no certainty that an offer will ultimately be forthcoming.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In some parts of Spain, the name given to a weekly open-air flea market where all kinds of items are sold is a rastro. The name El Rastro as such refers to a very big market of this type held in Madrid at weekends.