- 1 1.1 (approaching) (usually before noun/generalmente delante del nombre) [event] próximo his daughter's forthcoming wedding la boda de su hija, que tendrá ( or tendría etc) lugar pronto or dentro de poco tiempoMore example sentences1.2 (about to appear) [article/record] de próxima aparición; [film] a estrenarse próximamente forthcoming books ediciones en preparación
- We had played our rugby to gain the lead, and then, with one eye on the forthcoming cricket season, we had declared.
- June was due to appear in the forthcoming production of ‘The Odd Couple’ in September.
- They insisted that Wales would appear prominently in their forthcoming yearbook of regional statistics.
- 2 (available) (predicative/predicativo) no explanation was forthcoming no dieron ( or dio etc) ninguna explicación there is no help forthcoming from that source por ese lado no cabe esperar ninguna ayudaMore example sentences
- The chairman promised funds would be made available but none were forthcoming.
- If credit was forthcoming, they were ready to borrow as much as someone was willing to lend.
- The approach is preliminary in nature and there can be no certainty that an offer will ultimately be forthcoming.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Mexico's muralist movement flourished between the two World Wars during a time of nationalist fervor. It was led by Diego Rivera, José Clemente Orozco, and David Alfaro Siqueiros. Their work reflected revolutionary themes and working-class struggle. They decorated many public buildings.