- 1 1.1 (approaching) (usually before noun/generalmente delante del nombre) [event] próximo his daughter's forthcoming wedding la boda de su hija, que tendrá ( or tendría etc) lugar pronto or dentro de poco tiempoMore example sentences1.2 (about to appear) [article/record] de próxima aparición; [film] a estrenarse próximamente forthcoming books ediciones en preparación
- We had played our rugby to gain the lead, and then, with one eye on the forthcoming cricket season, we had declared.
- June was due to appear in the forthcoming production of ‘The Odd Couple’ in September.
- They insisted that Wales would appear prominently in their forthcoming yearbook of regional statistics.
- 2 (available) (predicative/predicativo) no explanation was forthcoming no dieron ( or dio etc) ninguna explicación there is no help forthcoming from that source por ese lado no cabe esperar ninguna ayudaMore example sentences
- The chairman promised funds would be made available but none were forthcoming.
- If credit was forthcoming, they were ready to borrow as much as someone was willing to lend.
- The approach is preliminary in nature and there can be no certainty that an offer will ultimately be forthcoming.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Paro is the name in Spain for both unemployment and unemployment benefit. The period for which paro can be claimed ranges from three months to a year, depending on how long a person has been working. The amount paid decreases over the period of unemployment.