Translation of forthcoming in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (approaching) (usually before noun)(event)his daughter's forthcoming wedding
próximola boda de su hija, que tendrá ( or tendría etc. ) lugar pronto or dentro de poco tiempoExample sentences1.2 (about to appear)
- We had played our rugby to gain the lead, and then, with one eye on the forthcoming cricket season, we had declared.
- June was due to appear in the forthcoming production of ‘The Odd Couple’ in September.
- They insisted that Wales would appear prominently in their forthcoming yearbook of regional statistics.
de próxima aparición(film)forthcoming books
a estrenarse próximamenteediciones en preparación
- 2 (available) (predicative) no explanation was forthcomingno dieron ( or dio etc. ) ninguna explicaciónthere is no help forthcoming from that sourcepor ese lado no cabe esperar ninguna ayudaExample sentences
- The chairman promised funds would be made available but none were forthcoming.
- If credit was forthcoming, they were ready to borrow as much as someone was willing to lend.
- The approach is preliminary in nature and there can be no certainty that an offer will ultimately be forthcoming.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.