- 1 countable/numerable (defensive works) [Military/Militar] (often plural/frecuentemente plural) fortificación (feminine)More example sentences
More example sentences
- Mortars were originally developed for siege warfare to lob munitions over walls and other fortifications.
- Improved protective designs for field fortifications and base camps have been developed for field forces.
- Furthermore, illegal fortifications violate the DMZ virtually to the centerline.
- Not about to sit by idly as other categories steal their calcium franchise, dairy processors have turned to fortification to recapture share of stomach.
- A much more realistic option is to start with soup, and if you need a little more fortification, slug some brandy into your coffee.
- In some measure, this attitude to fortification reflected the contemporary state of military engineering art in the West and Russia.
- 2 uncountable/no numerable (act of fortifying) [Military/Militar] fortificación (feminine) I could do with a little fortification [humorous/humorístico] no me vendría mal un reconstituyente [humorous/humorístico]
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Basque autonomous police force is called Ertzaintza. Its members, called ertzainas, wear a uniform of red sweaters and berets, and white jackets. Despite the Ertzaintza's wide range of responsibilities, the Guardia Civil and Policía Nacional still operate in the Basque Country.