Translation of fortnightly in Spanish:
- (esp British English)cada dos semanasquincenalmente [formal]Example sentences
- Defending the council's street cleaning provision, environment spokesman Councillor Colin Hall said roads were inspected on a weekly basis and the council aimed to clean all streets fortnightly.
- Whenever he got paid fortnightly he would clear the tab.
- Don't forget to liquid fertilise the seedlings fortnightly using half strength liquid fertiliser.
- (esp British English)Example sentences
- Caroni's problems will not be solved by government paying wages, salaries and sums due to cane farmers and others involved in the industry on a fortnightly basis, as happened last week Friday.
- He said he worried about what would happen to medical waste now the authority has switched to fortnightly pick-ups of household refuse.
- The changes, as with the introduction of fortnightly collections in York, are intended to encourage recycling, with garden waste being collected every other week instead of ordinary household rubbish.
- publicación (feminine) quincenalExample sentences
- Most major cities have daily and weekly newspapers; in all, there are 20 dailies, 35 weeklies, 33 fortnightlies, 152 monthlies, and 111 quarterlies.
- Weeklies and fortnightlies that started as literary magazines slowly fell into the groove as they became commercially unviable.
- In the past year he has turned one of his fortnightly magazines into a weekly, and one monthly into a fortnightly.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.