Translation of fortunate in Spanish:
- [occurrence/coincidence] afortunado, feliz he's a fortunate person es una persona afortunada or con suerte he was very fortunate to find a job tuvo mucha suerte al encontrar trabajo you are fortunate in having no financial worries tienes suerte de no tener problemas económicos it was fortunate that he came fue una suerte que viniera how fortunate! ¡qué suerte!Example sentences
- They said it was fortunate that nobody had suffered serious food poisoning.
- I consider myself very fortunate to have been given the opportunity to move down south.
- It is a unique stadium and I consider myself very fortunate to have played there.
- Some of his most valuable connections flowed from the accident of a fortunate birth.
- In theory, a currency union can offer economic benefits - but only under fortunate circumstances.
- Being in such a fortunate position, it has the opportunity to do very well.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
A patera is a boat with a shallow draft, used by illegal immigrants, known as balseros, to cross the Straits of Gibraltar from Morocco to southern Spain.