Translation of forward in Spanish:
- 1.1 (toward the front)(bend/slope/lean)she rushed forward to greet himhacia adelantelet's sit further forwardcorrió a saludarloa great leap/step forwardsentémonos más adelantesee also → come forward, → step forwardun gran salto/paso (hacia) adelanteExample sentences1.2 (Nautical)
Example sentences1.3 (in time) [formal] from this day forward
- The ball has to stop at the top of the backswing and change directions to travel forward.
- Just then, the black car in front of us moved forward and disappeared, then it was our turn.
- I turned to face him, finally meeting his gaze before leaning forward and kissing him softly.
see also→ bring, → carrydesde hoy en adelanteExample sentences
- Then Hayes moved aft, across a passageway to the starboard side of the ship, and forward.
- The submersible is housed in a trunk below the deck of the ship just forward of the bridge.
- The other common merchant ship layout is all holds forward with a superstructure aft.
- But the main thrust of his speech was looking forward to the future of British farming.
- But we think at this time and looking forward to our future that we would like to stay with one team and focus our resources on one team.
- Thus there are very few people who do not look back to the past with a sense of longing or forward to the future with a sense of unease.
- 1 (before noun) 1.1 (in direction)(movement/motion)to buy dollars forward (Business)hacia adelante1.2 (positions) (Military)comprar dólares a plazo or a términoforward line (Sport)de vanguardiaExample sentences1.3 (Nautical)
de proaExample sentences
- The next three weeks were testing ones for the 7th Battalion, holding a forward position near the Bois de Bavent.
- There was one forward depot for each army formation with one forward battalion to support each front-line corps.
- In the first incident, two rockets were fired at the forward operating base near Khost.
- A door slid open automatically when they approached the forward section of the ship.
- The power of the wave destroys the reinforcement and pounds the ship's forward shields.
- It was in the forward quarter of the ship, with the rest of the rooms nearby.
- On the role Baxter has played in dragging British skiing in a forward direction, he is characteristically modest.
- Males sport splashes of black and brown on a forward segment of their front legs.
- The forward direction of the ball is accomplished by the horizontal angle of the cue stick.
- 2 (advance) (prices/buying) (Business)forward planninga plazoa términoExample sentences
- Forward projections indicated an ever-growing development fund gap.
- The lack of integration is partly attributed to the unrealistically low forward estimates of public expenditure outlined in the Government's first budget.
- These valuations are, in turn, based on forward earnings estimates and the level of risk associated with those projections.
- 3 (assertive, pushy) I don't wish to appear forward, but …no quisiera parecer atrevida, pero …Example sentences
- Olivia worries that she was too forward with him, and that he is now judging her because of it.
- Being alone became an annoying state, and those forward women became more attractive to you by the week.
- When he goes on a date with Jane Gallagher, Holden becomes extremely agitated, because Stradlater is extremely forwardwith his dates.
- 1 1.1 (to a different address) please forward1.2 (send) (Business) please forward your price listhacer seguirle agradeceríamos nos enviara or remitiera su lista de precios [formal]Example sentences
- The warrant will then be sent to the CPS, which will forward the documents to the Israeli authorities.
- We have been trying to forward documents both to the post office box and to the residential addresses given.
- Stan had not responded in writing to George's new accountant, nor had he forwarded the requested documents.
- I received a six-month-old letter that had been forwarded from an old address.
- The letter was forwarded to her current address and she replied to it on September 26, stating that she did indeed want the committee to proceed.
- Thanks to all of you who are forwarding the letters you've sent to the school.
- 2 (advance) [formal](plan/career/interests)Example sentences
- I see a contradiction, though, as these same people are often also supporters of the corporatocracy, which is largely responsible for forwarding postmodernism.
- Dangerfield was into comedy for the long haul, looking not only to forward his own career, but those of other talented people as well.
- He uses religious, economic, and political discourses in new and clever ways in order to forward his own political aims.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to