Translation of fossil in Spanish:
- 1.1 [Geology/Geología] fósil (masculine); (before noun/delante del nombre) [shell/leaf] fosilizadoExample sentences1.2 [colloquial/familiar] (sb outdated) vejestorio (masculine) [colloquial/familiar], fósil (masculine) [colloquial/familiar]; (sth outdated) antigualla (feminine) [colloquial/familiar]
- Very few dinosaur fossils are actually found near this boundary.
- Scientific testing has determined that the oldest dinosaur fossils are hundreds of millions of years old.
- Almost no dinosaur fossils have been found from that time, particularly in North America.
- Most of the other scholars were old fossils that seemed so fragile that the slightest breath of wind would keel them over.
- Who would take care of that crazy old fossil then?
- For those of you who are surprised that a grumpy old fossil like me actually works on a computer, it is all t'Editor's fault.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The language of the Basque Country and Navarre is euskera, spoken by around 750,000 people; in Spanish vasco or vascuence. It is also spelled euskara. Basque is unrelated to the Indo-European languages and its origins are unclear.