Translation of foster in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (look after)(child) (British English) (acoger en el hogar sin adoptarlo legalmente)Example sentences1.2 (place in care of foster parents)
colocar con una familia de acogidaExample sentences
- As someone who has successfully fostered a child who is now an adult, Pat Whelen said she would definitely recommend it.
- Each year a group of local people who have been to Russia and now have fostered children run a dinner dance in Tubbercurry.
- What is most noteworthy about them is that they are indistinguishable from those who fostered children in the context of informal circulation.
- Verina Weaver, executive councillor for social care, revealed how a number of people were caring for children fostered out by Essex.
- The child was fostered out and lived for years in Manchester.
- 2 2.1 (promote)(suspicion/talent)
- Since the students and other volunteers accomplish most of the work, a sense of community pride is fostered.
- The advertisements kids see around the holidays can help foster unrealistic expectations and lead to disappointment.
- Take a big does of Venus, goddess of beauty and love, and use her energy to foster a healthy self-esteem and noble sense of self-worth.
- The sports will preferably offer participation in a team-based environment that encourages and fosters the development of esprit de corps.
- We are becoming increasingly aware of this explosion of scholarship, and we want to do everything in our power to encourage and foster this development.
- We believe that the Animal Enterprise Act must be updated to ensure that individuals and companies are protected and drug development is fostered.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.