Translation of foster in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (look after)(child) (British) (acoger en el hogar sin adoptarlo legalmente)Example sentences1.2 (place in care of foster parents)
colocar con una familia de acogidaExample sentences
- As someone who has successfully fostered a child who is now an adult, Pat Whelen said she would definitely recommend it.
- Each year a group of local people who have been to Russia and now have fostered children run a dinner dance in Tubbercurry.
- What is most noteworthy about them is that they are indistinguishable from those who fostered children in the context of informal circulation.
- Verina Weaver, executive councillor for social care, revealed how a number of people were caring for children fostered out by Essex.
- The child was fostered out and lived for years in Manchester.
- 2 2.1 (promote)(suspicion/talent)
promoverExample sentences2.2 (retain)
- The sports will preferably offer participation in a team-based environment that encourages and fosters the development of esprit de corps.
- We are becoming increasingly aware of this explosion of scholarship, and we want to do everything in our power to encourage and foster this development.
- We believe that the Animal Enterprise Act must be updated to ensure that individuals and companies are protected and drug development is fostered.
- Since the students and other volunteers accomplish most of the work, a sense of community pride is fostered.
- The advertisements kids see around the holidays can help foster unrealistic expectations and lead to disappointment.
- Take a big does of Venus, goddess of beauty and love, and use her energy to foster a healthy self-esteem and noble sense of self-worth.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.