Translation of foundation in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 uncountable (establishing) 1.2 countable (institution) (before noun) foundation scholarbecario, (-ria) (masculine, feminine)Example sentences
- Immigration consultants, placement service agencies and research foundations are also participating in the fair.
- Funding for the Campbell Collaboration also comes from major research foundations, research charities, private philanthropists, and government sources.
- She lectures to corporations, foundations and educational institutions.
- 2 countable (often plural) 2.1 (Constr) to lay the foundationponer or echar los cimientos2.2 (groundwork, basis)fundamentos (masculine plural)he laid the foundations of the venture's success by careful planning
base (feminine)su cuidadosa planificación cimentó el éxito de la empresaExample sentences
- As Fry cut the vinyl siding, the parkland around him was bustling with construction teams pouring concrete and building solid new foundations.
- The surviving remains include parts of the main gate, on the east, and some excavated areas within the walls containing the foundations of domestic buildings, a small bath suite, and a sanctuary.
- They were digging building foundations, when they discovered 160 graves.
- It talks about the importance of having core principles as a foundation for how to work.
- It seems to us, with the greatest respect, that it would have little or nothing to do with providing a foundation for the basis of the duty that has been contended for here.
- Does everyone in the newsroom understand which journalistic principles provide a foundation for the guideline?
- 3 uncountable (grounds) the suspicion is without foundationla sospecha es infundada or carece de fundamentoExample sentences
- I am picking these items to show how editors accepted accusations without foundation, and name calling without caveat or caution.
- The unanimous response was that the entire argument was without foundation.
- But it cannot in my judgment be said that such a prohibition is without reasonable foundation.
- 5 (base, first layer) 5.1 (of cosmetics) 5.2 (of painting)Example sentences
- Larry was given a special Comhaltas award last year for his extraordinary service to the organisation since its foundation in 1951.
- Values are a very large part of the culture and foundation of any organization.
- The Institute of Mathematics of the Academy of Sciences was founded in Kiev in 1934 and Grave served as the first director of the Institute from its foundation until his death in 1939.
- After evening out my skin tone with foundation and powder, Veronica dusted on a light bronzer for color and a soft pink blush to give my cheeks a rosy glow.
- Lipsticks, glosses, foundations and any other cosmetics with a greasy or wet feel tend to only last a year before they begin to smell waxy and rancid.
- There were creams, scrubs, conditioners, foundations, powders and all manner of strange devices with which to apply them.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.