Translation of foundation in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 uncountable/no numerable (establishing) fundación (feminine) 1.2 countable/numerable (institution) fundación (feminine) (before noun/delante del nombre) foundation scholar becario, (masculine, feminine)Example sentences
- Immigration consultants, placement service agencies and research foundations are also participating in the fair.
- Funding for the Campbell Collaboration also comes from major research foundations, research charities, private philanthropists, and government sources.
- She lectures to corporations, foundations and educational institutions.
- 2 countable/numerable (often plural/frecuentemente plural) 2.1 [Constr] cimientos (masculine plural) to lay the foundation poner* or echar los cimientos 2.2 (groundwork, basis) fundamentos (masculine plural), base (feminine) he laid the foundations of the venture's success by careful planning su cuidadosa planificación cimentó el éxito de la empresaExample sentences
- As Fry cut the vinyl siding, the parkland around him was bustling with construction teams pouring concrete and building solid new foundations.
- The surviving remains include parts of the main gate, on the east, and some excavated areas within the walls containing the foundations of domestic buildings, a small bath suite, and a sanctuary.
- They were digging building foundations, when they discovered 160 graves.
- It talks about the importance of having core principles as a foundation for how to work.
- It seems to us, with the greatest respect, that it would have little or nothing to do with providing a foundation for the basis of the duty that has been contended for here.
- Does everyone in the newsroom understand which journalistic principles provide a foundation for the guideline?
- 3 uncountable/no numerable (grounds) fundamento (masculine) the suspicion is without foundation la sospecha es infundada or carece de fundamentoExample sentences
- I am picking these items to show how editors accepted accusations without foundation, and name calling without caveat or caution.
- The unanimous response was that the entire argument was without foundation.
- But it cannot in my judgment be said that such a prohibition is without reasonable foundation.
- 5 (base, first layer) 5.1 (of cosmetics) base (feminine) 5.2 (of painting) base (feminine), apresto (masculine)Example sentences
- Larry was given a special Comhaltas award last year for his extraordinary service to the organisation since its foundation in 1951.
- Values are a very large part of the culture and foundation of any organization.
- The Institute of Mathematics of the Academy of Sciences was founded in Kiev in 1934 and Grave served as the first director of the Institute from its foundation until his death in 1939.
- After evening out my skin tone with foundation and powder, Veronica dusted on a light bronzer for color and a soft pink blush to give my cheeks a rosy glow.
- Lipsticks, glosses, foundations and any other cosmetics with a greasy or wet feel tend to only last a year before they begin to smell waxy and rancid.
- There were creams, scrubs, conditioners, foundations, powders and all manner of strange devices with which to apply them.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...