noun/nombre (plural fowls or collect, fowl)
- 1 1.1 countable/numerable (farmyard bird) ave (feminine (with masculine article in the singular)) (de corral)More example sentences1.2 uncountable/no numerable (meat) ave (feminine (with masculine article in the singular))
More example sentences
- Although this assumption has not been rigorously tested in wild bird populations, data from domestic fowl suggest that, indeed, immunocompetence measurements might not be antigen specific.
- These birds also express high levels of a bacteriolytic lysozyme which is more similar in amino acid sequence to the rock pigeon than that of the domestic fowl.
- Breeds of domestic fowl are described under hen/chicken breeds.
- There was other meat galore, too, steak, pork, fowl, bacon, etc.
- The borders are now completely closed for beef, fowl and pork imports.
- If you like red meat better than fowl, eat it more often.
- 2 (bird) [archaic] ave (feminine (with masculine article in the singular)) the fowl of the air [Bible] las aves del cieloMore example sentences
- The birds we have had have been the ordinary fowl of a village garden: jackdaws, starlings, magpies, chaffinches and so on.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Spain, pinchos are small portions of food, often on a cocktail stick, eaten in a bar or cafe. Often free, they are similar to