Translation of fowl in Spanish:
noun plural fowls or collect fowl
- 1 1.1 countable (farmyard bird)ave (feminine (with masculine article in the singular)) (de corral)Example sentences1.2 uncountable (meat)
- Although this assumption has not been rigorously tested in wild bird populations, data from domestic fowl suggest that, indeed, immunocompetence measurements might not be antigen specific.
- These birds also express high levels of a bacteriolytic lysozyme which is more similar in amino acid sequence to the rock pigeon than that of the domestic fowl.
- Breeds of domestic fowl are described under hen/chicken breeds.
- There was other meat galore, too, steak, pork, fowl, bacon, etc.
- The borders are now completely closed for beef, fowl and pork imports.
- If you like red meat better than fowl, eat it more often.
- 2 (bird) [archaic] the fowl of the air (Bible)las aves del cieloExample sentences
- The birds we have had have been the ordinary fowl of a village garden: jackdaws, starlings, magpies, chaffinches and so on.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.