n (pl fowls or collect, fowl)
- 1 1.1 c (farmyard bird) ave (f‡) (de corral)More example sentences1.2 u (meat) ave (f‡)
More example sentences
- Although this assumption has not been rigorously tested in wild bird populations, data from domestic fowl suggest that, indeed, immunocompetence measurements might not be antigen specific.
- These birds also express high levels of a bacteriolytic lysozyme which is more similar in amino acid sequence to the rock pigeon than that of the domestic fowl.
- Breeds of domestic fowl are described under hen/chicken breeds.
- There was other meat galore, too, steak, pork, fowl, bacon, etc.
- The borders are now completely closed for beef, fowl and pork imports.
- If you like red meat better than fowl, eat it more often.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Churro is a typical Spanish food, consisting of a long thin cylinder of dough, deep-fried in olive oil and often dusted with sugar. Churros are usually eaten with a thick hot drinking chocolate, especially for breakfast.