n (pl fowls or collect, fowl)
- 1 1.1 c (farmyard bird) ave (f‡) (de corral)More example sentences1.2 u (meat) ave (f‡)
More example sentences
- Although this assumption has not been rigorously tested in wild bird populations, data from domestic fowl suggest that, indeed, immunocompetence measurements might not be antigen specific.
- These birds also express high levels of a bacteriolytic lysozyme which is more similar in amino acid sequence to the rock pigeon than that of the domestic fowl.
- Breeds of domestic fowl are described under hen/chicken breeds.
- There was other meat galore, too, steak, pork, fowl, bacon, etc.
- The borders are now completely closed for beef, fowl and pork imports.
- If you like red meat better than fowl, eat it more often.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The RAE (Real Academia de la Lengua Española) is a body established in the eighteenth century to record and preserve the Spanish language. It is made up of académicos, who are normally well-known literary figures and/or academic experts on the Spanish language. The RAE publishes the Diccionario de la Real Academia Española, which is regarded as an authority on correct Spanish. Affiliated academies exist in Latin American countries.