- 1 [Mathematics/Matemáticas] fracción (f), quebrado (m)More example sentences
- The Mathematics Computation subtest assesses skills in computing with whole numbers, fractions, mixed numbers, decimals, and algebraic equations.
- Use the method above to convert it into a fraction with whole numbers in the denominator.
- Basic operations with whole numbers, fractions, and decimals were required to solve some problems, although many items required no calculations.
- 2 (small amount) (no plural/sin plural) a fraction of the budget una mínima parte del presupuesto we achieved the same results at a fraction of the cost obtuvimos los mismos resultados por un porcentaje mínimo del costo a fraction of a second un instante, una fracción de segundo the car missed him by a fraction no faltó nada para que el coche le diera, el coche no le dio por un pelo [colloquial/familiar] his eyebrows lifted a fraction levantó ligeramente las cejas the door opened a fraction la puerta se abrió ligeramente a fraction higher/lower ligeramente superior/inferiorMore example sentences
- Her goal was $60,000 but she was only able to get a fraction of that amount.
- It's only a fraction of the amount of money necessary to attend most private schools.
- If they did, the insurance company would have been charged a fraction of that amount.
- 3 [Chemistry/Química] fracción (feminine)More example sentences
- The aqueous, ethanol and ethyl acetate fractions were slowly evaporated to dryness under vacuum and stored at 4 degreesC for biological study.
- The majority of the manufacturing is from the catalytic cracking of ethane, petroleum fractions, and crude oil.
- Oil refining separates the various fractions of petroleum by a process called fractional distillation and takes place in a large plant called a refinery.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Palacio de Oriente, also known as the Palacio Real, is the official residence of the Spanish Royal Family. The Royal Family now lives in the Palacio de la Zarzuela, on the outskirts of Madrid.