Translation of fraction in Spanish:
- 1 (Mathematics)Example sentences
- The Mathematics Computation subtest assesses skills in computing with whole numbers, fractions, mixed numbers, decimals, and algebraic equations.
- Use the method above to convert it into a fraction with whole numbers in the denominator.
- Basic operations with whole numbers, fractions, and decimals were required to solve some problems, although many items required no calculations.
- 2 (small amount) (no plural) a fraction of the budgetuna mínima parte del presupuestowe achieved the same results at a fraction of the costobtuvimos los mismos resultados por un porcentaje mínimo del costoa fraction of a secondun instantethe car missed him by a fraction
una fracción de segundono faltó nada para que el coche le dierahis eyebrows lifted a fraction
el coche no le dio por un pelo [colloquial]levantó ligeramente las cejasthe door opened a fractionla puerta se abrió ligeramentea fraction higher/lowerligeramente superior/inferiorExample sentences
- Her goal was $60,000 but she was only able to get a fraction of that amount.
- It's only a fraction of the amount of money necessary to attend most private schools.
- If they did, the insurance company would have been charged a fraction of that amount.
- 3 (Chemistry)Example sentences
- The aqueous, ethanol and ethyl acetate fractions were slowly evaporated to dryness under vacuum and stored at 4 degreesC for biological study.
- The majority of the manufacturing is from the catalytic cracking of ethane, petroleum fractions, and crude oil.
- Oil refining separates the various fractions of petroleum by a process called fractional distillation and takes place in a large plant called a refinery.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.