Translation of fractious in Spanish:
- 1 (irritable)(child)
- And I'm usually alright in the morning but by about lunchtime in the afternoon I tend to get very irritable and fractious and I'm not quite sure why.
- Suffice to say, I would not recommend this level of preparation when travelling with a fractious three-year-old and a grumpy husband.
- He was getting fractious and crabby while I was getting panicky because I knew there was something else and I couldn't remember what it was.
- 2 (unruly)Example sentences
- For 110 years, it has remained a fractious but unitary organization.
- He was chosen for his ability to unite the fractious coalition and for his ability to connect to people.
- A system without it could lead to division and multiple parties - and imagine the fractious problem of coalition governments.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.