Translation of fragment in Spanish:
nounAmerican English: /ˈfræɡmənt/ British English: /ˈfraɡm(ə)nt/
- 1.1 (broken piece)Example sentences1.2 (small part)
- After a fracture, the broken fragments of bone usually separate to some degree.
- No findings of any archaeological significance have been made to date, except some fragments of broken pottery and glass.
- I noted how its curved edges were constructed from broken fragments of tiles.
- Perhaps it's best that we only remember fragments; the full story would be too much to live with every day.
- Then you notice, down at the bottom and off to the side, a fragment of a temporary wooden fence, broken and collapsing.
- Diagrams of spheres and collaged textural elements are part of a surface crowded with fragments.
intransitive verbAmerican English: /fræɡˈmɛnt/ British English: /fraɡˈmɛnt/
transitive verbAmerican English: /fræɡˈmɛnt/ British English: /fraɡˈmɛnt/
- (glass/china/rock)hacer añicos or pedazos(society/political party)Example sentences
- What impression can voters have of a party that is fragmenting and apparently collapsing?
- Other issues included a lack of tendering and contract law and fragmented control of projects.
- The fact that air traffic control is fragmented is resulting in flight delays all over Europe.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Opus Dei - Latin for "God's Work" - is a Catholic organization founded in Spain in 1928. The Opus became very influential in Spanish society, above all by founding schools and universities. The aim was to create an élite which would spread Christian ideals throughout society. The University of Navarre is one of its foremost institutions.