Translation of fragment in Spanish:
nounAmerican English: /ˈfræɡmənt/ British English: /ˈfraɡm(ə)nt/
- 1 (broken piece)Example sentences
- After a fracture, the broken fragments of bone usually separate to some degree.
- No findings of any archaeological significance have been made to date, except some fragments of broken pottery and glass.
- I noted how its curved edges were constructed from broken fragments of tiles.
- 2 (small part)Example sentences
- Perhaps it's best that we only remember fragments; the full story would be too much to live with every day.
- Then you notice, down at the bottom and off to the side, a fragment of a temporary wooden fence, broken and collapsing.
- Diagrams of spheres and collaged textural elements are part of a surface crowded with fragments.
intransitive verbAmerican English: /fræɡˈmɛnt/ British English: /fraɡˈmɛnt/
hacerse añicos or pedazos
- What impression can voters have of a party that is fragmenting and apparently collapsing?
- Other issues included a lack of tendering and contract law and fragmented control of projects.
- The fact that air traffic control is fragmented is resulting in flight delays all over Europe.
transitive verbAmerican English: /fræɡˈmɛnt/ British English: /fraɡˈmɛnt/
hacer añicos or pedazos(society/political party)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.