Translation of franchise in Spanish:
- 1 (Business) 1.1 uncountable or countable (right)(to market product, service) concesión (feminine)(to operate cable TV) licencia (feminine)Example sentences
Example sentences1.2 countable (retail outlet)
- Finally, they found individuals interested in purchasing franchises.
- These figures refer to cars that were imported by the official franchise holders.
- We are at an advanced stage of negotiations with a large number of individuals about possible franchises.
- The estate agency's nationwide branch franchise and growing financial services division would be attractive to the bank.
- However, the three companies operate as franchises with two-year contracts from the city and are heavily subsidized by the state and the city.
- The issue is significant because all the private lines operate as franchises with two-year contracts with the city.
tienda (feminine) bajo licencia
- 2 (Politics) [formal]the franchiseel derecho de or al voto
el sufragioExample sentences
- But, of course, the real test of that will only come in a little over two years time when we will all be off to the polling stations to exercise the franchise in another general election.
- Only one in five young voters exercised their franchise in the last elections.
- Most of them expressed their desire to stay back in their hometowns till the elections and exercise their franchise.
- The narrower meaning is that one gets kicked out of the voting club, that is, you lose your franchise as a citizen, especially the right to vote.
- Many believe that this is an abusive relationship with our franchise as citizens, and that major issues of state should be settled by popular referendum.
- They should be treated as traitors of the government and deprived of their franchise as citizens.
- (retail outlet)
conceder en franquicia
adjudicar or dar la concesión deExample sentences
- Another 24 petroleum dealers who are franchised by several of the other marketing companies are part of the consortium, but others could join, Observer sources say.
- Established franchised dealers have been falling by the wayside for the past few months, and more will certainly follow.
- Previously, MG Rover had reimbursed franchised dealers for the cost of any repairs carried out for a period of up to three years after a new car was sold.
- During 1995-7 all passenger services were franchised to private sector operators, while all other companies were sold outright to the private sector.
- The management of hospitals that fail to perform to the required standard, almost guaranteed in such a cash strapped service, will be franchised to the private sector.
- Between 1991 and 1997 more than 400 high street post offices were franchised to retailers, including supermarkets and department stores.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.