Translation of franchise in Spanish:
- 1 [Business/Comercio] 1.1 u and c (right — to operate retail outlet) franquicia (feminine), licencia (feminine); (— to market product, service) concesión (feminine); (— to operate cable TV) licencia (feminine)Example sentences
Example sentences1.2 countable/numerable (retail outlet) franquicia (feminine), tienda (feminine) bajo licencia
- Finally, they found individuals interested in purchasing franchises.
- These figures refer to cars that were imported by the official franchise holders.
- We are at an advanced stage of negotiations with a large number of individuals about possible franchises.
- The estate agency's nationwide branch franchise and growing financial services division would be attractive to the bank.
- However, the three companies operate as franchises with two-year contracts from the city and are heavily subsidized by the state and the city.
- The issue is significant because all the private lines operate as franchises with two-year contracts with the city.
- 2 [Politics/Política] [formal] the franchise el derecho de or al voto, el sufragioExample sentences
- But, of course, the real test of that will only come in a little over two years time when we will all be off to the polling stations to exercise the franchise in another general election.
- Only one in five young voters exercised their franchise in the last elections.
- Most of them expressed their desire to stay back in their hometowns till the elections and exercise their franchise.
- The narrower meaning is that one gets kicked out of the voting club, that is, you lose your franchise as a citizen, especially the right to vote.
- Many believe that this is an abusive relationship with our franchise as citizens, and that major issues of state should be settled by popular referendum.
- They should be treated as traitors of the government and deprived of their franchise as citizens.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- [retail outlet] conceder en franquicia, franquiciar; [product/service] adjudicar* or dar* la concesión de
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.