Translation of freedom in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 uncountable and countable (liberty) freedom of speech/religion/the pressfreedom of action/movementlibertad de expresión/culto(s)/prensafreedom of movement of labourlibertad de acción/movimientosfreedom of conscience 1.2 uncountable (independence, scope) I like the freedom of having a carlibertad de movimiento del trabajojournalists had complete editorial freedomme gusta la libertad que te da (tener) un cochethe freedom of her proselos periodistas tenían carta blanca en materia editoriallo libre de su prosaExample sentences1.3 uncountablefreedom
- As usual, those in the pay of the pesticide industry presume to speak on behalf of freedom of choice and a balanced approach.
- Violence or intimidation against the media could hamper press freedom and eventually deprive the public of its right to information.
- In recent years, examples of media abuses of press freedom have been common.
fromsomethingthe plan guarantees freedom from financial worriesits freedom from side effects is unprovenel plan le garantiza un futuro libre de preocupaciones económicasno se ha demostrado si tiene o no tiene efectos secundarios
- 2 2.1 uncountable (frankness) to speak with complete freedom2.2 uncountable and countable (familiarity) he behaved with too much freedom towards his superiorshablar con toda or plena libertadtrataba a sus superiores con demasiada familiaridadse tomaba demasiadas libertades con sus superioresExample sentences
- They think that they can make themselves as agreeable to the men as their successful rivals, by adopting the same style and allowing the same freedom of conversation.
- I talked a great deal to him with the freedom I have long used to him on this and on other subjects.
- We were surprised to find an openness and freedom between us we hadn't experienced before.
- 3 uncountable (rights of use or access) See examples: the freedom of the seasfreedom of informationla libertad de los mares(libre acceso del ciudadano a la información contenida en los archivos gubernamentales)he was given the freedom of the citythey gave her the freedom of their housele entregaron las llaves de la ciudadpusieron la casa a su entera disposición
Cultural Note: Freedom of Information Act - FOIA
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a geographical, social, and culturally homogeneous region, with a clear natural or administrative demarcation is called a comarca. Comarcas are normally smaller than