- 1.1 uncountable (language)Example sentences1.2 (people) (+ plural verb) the French
- Many speak excellent English, but some will speak French as a first language.
- Morocco used to be colonised by France which explains why French is still spoken as a second language.
- Do you expect me to believe that in a place other than France people speak French?
- But the Finns, like the French and Greeks and Irish and the rest of them are quite happy with the euro.
- The single red flower is also used in hibiscus syrups, popularised by the French.
- Consider the effect of those two quotes on the the British, the Americans and the French.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.