- 1.1 uncountable (language) 1.2 (people) (+ plural verb) the FrenchExample sentences
- But the Finns, like the French and Greeks and Irish and the rest of them are quite happy with the euro.
- The single red flower is also used in hibiscus syrups, popularised by the French.
- Consider the effect of those two quotes on the the British, the Americans and the French.
- Many speak excellent English, but some will speak French as a first language.
- Morocco used to be colonised by France which explains why French is still spoken as a second language.
- Do you expect me to believe that in a place other than France people speak French?
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Opus Dei - Latin for "God's Work" - is a Catholic organization founded in Spain in 1928. The Opus became very influential in Spanish society, above all by founding schools and universities. The aim was to create an élite which would spread Christian ideals throughout society. The University of Navarre is one of its foremost institutions.