- 1.1 uncountable (language) 1.2 (people) (+ plural verb) the FrenchExample sentences
- But the Finns, like the French and Greeks and Irish and the rest of them are quite happy with the euro.
- The single red flower is also used in hibiscus syrups, popularised by the French.
- Consider the effect of those two quotes on the the British, the Americans and the French.
- Many speak excellent English, but some will speak French as a first language.
- Morocco used to be colonised by France which explains why French is still spoken as a second language.
- Do you expect me to believe that in a place other than France people speak French?
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.