Translation of French bean in Spanish:
- (British)habichuela (feminine)
judía (feminine) verde (Spain)
ejote (masculine) (Mexico)
chaucha (feminine) (Río de la Plata)
poroto (masculine) verde (Chile)
vainita (feminine) (Venezuela)Example sentences
- That goes for his broad beans, his French beans, his runner beans, his leeks and his lettuces.
- My plan for this year's vegetable plot is therefore rather limited, involving lots of legumes - broad beans, runner beans, French beans and climbing French beans.
- In addition to French beans and runner beans, Turner grows a number of Heritage varieties, ideal in an organic garden as they are more resistant to pests than modern beans.
- All main courses are served with vegetables, which included French beans and carrots, all expertly handled.
- I have spent a busy summer making jam, cutting up runner beans and French beans for the freezer.
- Unfortunately the same could not be said of Jayne's dish - vegetable pancake, filled with spinach, leeks and cream cheese and served with new potatoes, French beans and salad.
Definition of French bean in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.